Thread: MMS application

Hybrid View

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question MMS application

I want to develop an application that will send MMS to different user?But the problem is how to detect if their phone is capable of receiving MMS or not?I want to send an image e.g. picture of an events that will be send to users in a youth organization. I am looking forward to anyone who can help me solve this problem. By the way, i am using php to develop this system.As one of the feature of my project, SMS-Based Registration system for Christian Youth Fellowship, a church youth organization.

Community Advisor silver trophy

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Normally, in the chain of transmission to the end user, an MMS will arrive at the recipient's carrier service MMSC server which stores the data before outgoing transmission, but will also evaluate the end users capability to receive this message, and will reject the message at this point. If you use a MMS API service, you should get a response back that informs you of this event in which case you can remove the number from your distribution list.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EastCoast View Post
    Normally, in the chain of transmission to the end user, an MMS will arrive at the recipient's carrier service MMSC server which stores the data before outgoing transmission, but will also evaluate the end users capability to receive this message, and will reject the message at this point. If you use a MMS API service, you should get a response back that informs you of this event in which case you can remove the number from your distribution list.
    Ok.This is my sample code for i dont know where to place MMS image or how to send MMS.

<?php

// load the nusoap libraries. These are slower than those built in PHP5 but don't require you to recompile PHP

include_once("nusoap/lib/nusoap.php");

// create the client and define the URL endpoint

$client = new nusoap_client('http://iplaypen.globelabs.com.ph:1881/axis2/services/Platform/');

// set the character encoding, utf-8 is the standard.

$client->soap_defencoding = 'UTF-8';

// check if we generated an error in creating the client / assigning the endpoint

$err = $client->getError();

if ($err)

{// Display the error

$error_message = 'Constructor error: ' . $err;

}

// Call the SOAP method, note the definition of the xmlnamespace as the third parameter in the call and how the posted message is added to the message string

$result = $client->call('sendMMS, array( 'uName' => 'username',

'uPin' => 'password',

'MSISDN' => '0917xxxxxxx',

'messageString' => 'Test message',

'Display' => '0',

'udh' => '',

'mwi' => '',

'coding' => '0' ),

"http://ESCPlatform/xsd");

// Check for a fault

if ($client->fault)

{