SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dual Monitor Help

*sorry if wrong forum (this is where I usally hang out and thought someone here can probably help)....

I want to set up a second monitor on one of my machines that runs windows ME and has a geforce3 card in it.

I understand that the card does not support dual monitors so I am wondering what I need to get it working.

I have an old TNT card laying about - can I somehow install a second video card (without totally destroying and messing up my current settings [img]images/smilies/smile.gif[/img] to get the dual monitors working?

or - is there a specific cheap solution I could go out and buy to get this setup fast and simple?

Anyone able to walk me though this - or - point me to the proper source to get the job done.

NOTE: I run games on this machine I am thinking of messing around with and if setting up the dual monitors on the machine is gunna mess up settings for playing games - then I will probably pass altogether

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Oznob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol wrong forum for sure

just stick the TNT card in + connect the second monitor , boot up , let windows install the card , check your display settings and you should see 2 screens there to play with & you are off.

Dunno about ME but on 2K & XP you are going to have problems trying to get dual monitors if your primary graphics are on-board , but that does not apply here by the look of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks firepages and sorry again for wrong forum. (you guys here are just so smart .

BTW - if all goes bad - how do I uninstall the old tnt card ? - just rip it out ? (expecting the worst

chown linux:users\ /world Hartmann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I wouldn't rip it out But yes, take it out and everything should return to normal. It should work with no problems though.