SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Need Your Help!

Hi guys! I need your help. The layout of site was done with CSS and I want to integrate an ASP mailing list right in the middle of this CSS layout. Any help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHIZA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sure i'll help but first whats css? whats asp?...........j/kin
    Pixel Engineer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CSS is used for client side layout and ASP for server-side scripting. They are unrelated, your question does not make much sense.

Quentin
    The largest message boards on the web !
    unblog.fr, hosting 700000 french blogs

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume you're referring to "splicing" the presentation side of an existing script into a .css design? (Where perhaps the producers of the script have used tables?).

If so it will be a laborious task, and require that you study the various IDs and classes in the css file, and recode the appropriate content (sans tables) in the .asp file so that it slots into the correct class or div.

To be honest, if you don't know what you're doing this could be a nasty task indeed, it may be worth using the people who did it for you initially. If that is impracticle, then you are going to have to get a firm grip on a: html 4.x (to understand the genererated table layout), b: xhml1.1/css (to understand the .css layout and translate approproately) and c: a smattering of .asp to make sure the code you alter doesn't mess with the scripting.

I may be completely off the mark, but if that is the case, then I'm afraid there's no easy quick fix.
    Last edited by TheOriginalH; Jun 9, 2003 at 04:54.
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, the page I'm working on is a html page, and the style (.css) is an external file. The only thing I'm trying to do ( I got it already!) is to integrate this mailing list in the page. Since the mailing list is .asp the only changes I have to do is change the extention of the .html page to .asp and add a line of code and we are done. Thanks!