User Tag List

Thread: Will This Work?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All!

I am trying to figure out something interesting I can do with the several hundred domains I own(I used to sell them but not too much of that going on right now.)

None of them have ever had a website site attached to them, but they still get traffic(usually around 50-100 views per day.) This is probably because the domains are general terms and people sometimes just type in their url window the same way they type a keyword into a search engine...

Anyways, do you think it would be feasible to use some kind of cpm or cpc network to turn each of these sites into a little cookie cutter profit machine making a couple of bucks per day?

Again, I'm not really interested in becoming a website developer at this point. It's more like I could have some small billboards on property I own that ALL TOGETHER might make me $500- 1000 per month.

I'd love to hear people's ideas about what I could do and any experience you might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again. I love SitePoint!

Sincerely,
    Sami1

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, why not.

If you really don't want to get into web development.

Just make one simple site, say its a search site, include goto.com's affiliate program (Which pays you a 4 cents per search) and let people search goto.com

If you're right and alot of people go to your site(s) because they are mistakenly trying to search for something else then if a site comes up that is a search engine they'll be highly likely to use it.

So, make that one single site, and have all your domains direct to it and voila

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's a great idea! Particularly if, as you say, these sites are getting 50-100 hits a day just because of the url.

It sounds like you're interested in keeping simple, but my mind started thinking things like add links to affiliate programs, goto searches, etc. I wonder how oversized banners would sell? You know, like selling banners sized at 460x180? Say for twice as a 460x60?

Anyhow, I think it's a great idea.

Lord of the Underworld
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or you could use AllClicks and redirect there..... you'd get 3 cents every time, and you could make guaranteed cash

Adam