Conspiracy Theory

Some I can see over and over and over and over:

Highlander
    Blade Runner
    Star Wars Trilogy
    Dune
    Raiders of the Lost Ark
    any Monty Python

I don't get out to the theater very often. Actually the last movie I saw in the theatre was Star Wars: Episode I.
    --Bill
    Lake Superior Smokin' Brews Make It Different: Brew Your Own!
    L'Etoile du Nord Web Development Providing Real Direction in a Virtual World
    MSN IM: smokinbrews-AT-hotmail-DOT-com
    Brewin', Vintin' & Smokin' Forums Moderator

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked Titanic (but I hate Leonardo D. )
    I'm a big fan of Kate Winslet (btw, kwfc.com)

http://2GX.NET Free Forums for your site, subdomains (no ads), webmail, anon-email, +

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nicky - I too saw "The Game" and thought it was really good. Interesting if you like psychological thrillers.

For light-hearted, sappy movie moods, I like romantic comedies like "While You Were Sleeping". I also like a bunch of the old Bing Crosby, Fred Astaire musical and dance films, despite the fact that I am generally not into musicals. Love both "White Christmas" and "Holiday Inn".

Saw a movie not too long ago called "The Dead Letter Office" (Australian film I believe). That also was good. Can't find it in any of the rental places though.

Has anyone seen Alfred Hitchcock's "Rope"? That was pretty interesting, especially as it was all shot as one continuous scene. Also like "North by Northwest".

Liked "Matrix" and "Gattaca" both. (The fact that "Gattaca" had both Ethan Hawk and Jude Law in it didn't hurt.)

I actually really liked "Planet of the Apes" as well. I remember my dad watching it when I was little and I thought it looked kind of corney, but then I watched it a few years ago. It's pretty interesting when you stick it into its cultural framework and think how it reflected the times.

I know there are others I'm not thinking of, but . . . .

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't believe I forgot "Benny and Joon" while I was listing romantic comedies.

On the more serious side, I recently saw "American History X". Pretty intense. As far as young actors go, I really like Edward Furlong. I heard he is in an upcoming movie set in a prison, which also sounds good.

Also liked "Ghandhi" and "Cry Freedom" (the Steven Biko [sp?] story).

Has anyone in the U.S. been able to find "The Wave"? I heard a lot about it from Europeans while I was in Israel, but haven't seen it at any of the rental places. Would like to see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw Red Planet and Charlie's angels last wkend, but I think Red Planet is better! Those are totally entertaining!
    - Son Nguyen
    AdSpeed.com - Ad Serving and Ad Management Made Easy

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The Dead Letter Office" - is that the film where a sack full of mail gets losts in a mountain after a plane crash and then discovered 10 yeras later and it explores how the loss of the letters affected people? Saw a film like that when I was a kid - don't know if that is the one?

Peter
    Thread Closed - Before and After.
    www.Gods101.co.uk - Affordable Quality.
    www.scepticism-inc.com - All extremists should be taken out and shot!

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the more serious side, I recently saw "American History X". Pretty intense. As far as young actors go, I really like Edward Furlong.
    I think "American History X" was absolutely brilliant! I could not move my eyes away from the screen it was so intense. As to Edward Furlong, was he not the little kid in Terminator 2?

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack! Fluffykins's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to see Pitch Black over the weekend, and how cool is that film?

Red Planet and of course Pokemon the Movie 2000 are my next trips to the cinema I think

Ady
    v-technologies - Freelance Goodness.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter - No, but that sounds like an interesting movie. If you do find out what it's called, I'd be interested in seeing it.

This one is about a young woman who goes to work for the postal service in the "Dead Letter Office", where all the undeliverable mail goes and they try to figure out how to deliver it. She hopes this will help her find her dad, who left when she was a child. At any rate, I won't go on, but it is interesting because all the people in this department have their own quirks and stories, especially the boss. I have to say, it's probably more of a chick flick than a a guy film, but very good.