SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Galactic Overlord gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    975 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)

Talk Sass with the Experts

Tomorrow's Talk with the Experts session is about Sass, with SitePoint Group designer and CSS guru Alex Walker

Session time: 2:30pm PDT on Wed 19 June

Find out what time it will be at your place here

You can join the session here.

From Italy with love silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I just checked out what SASS is, and it looks interesting. But I'm afraid this one's too late for me, I'll have to settle for the transcript.
    Have fun!

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by guido2004 View Post
    I just checked out what SASS is, and it looks interesting.
    It's mainly something that interests naughty children. I had it beaten out of me when I was a kid.

Mazel tov! bronze trophy kohoutek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed it. SASS is a wonderful tool in itself. It saves me at least 40 or more percent of time, particularly when working on more complex CSS. It's flexible, effective, still allows you to write CSS the way you always have and in conjunction with Compass or Bourbon it is unbelievably powerful, especially when you work a lot with CSS3. It does take a bit to get familiar with but I like it immensely.
    Maleika E. A. | Rockatee | Twitter | Dribbble

The CSS Clinic is open silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kohoutek View Post
    I missed it. SASS is a wonderful tool in itself. It saves me at least 40 or more percent of time, particularly when working on more complex CSS. It's flexible, effective, still allows you to write CSS the way you always have and in conjunction with Compass or Bourbon it is unbelievably powerful, especially when you work a lot with CSS3. It does take a bit to get familiar with but I like it immensely.
    Hi Maleika,

You make a compelling argument and seems like its something I should look into (BTW Happy Birthday for Tuesday)

I missed the session but will keep an eye out for the transcript (couldn't see it anywhere yet).

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul O'B View Post
    will keep an eye out for the transcript
    Here 'tis: http://www.sitepoint.com/we-talked-a...cally-awesome/

I'm still digging my heels in: I'd rather learn CSS out of the box that put my energy into learning a tool that takes me one step away from the coal face.

Mazel tov! bronze trophy kohoutek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul O'B View Post
    Hi Maleika,

You make a compelling argument and seems like its something I should look into (BTW Happy Birthday for Tuesday)

I missed the session but will keep an eye out for the transcript (couldn't see it anywhere yet).
    Heya Paul.

It isn't a necessary tool, obviously, but I love it, though admittedly, I was reluctant to use it for a few years. It's just the past twelve or so months that I've been learning and extensively using it on all my projects.

I'd never recommend it to anyone not familiar with CSS, but for people who have a solid understanding of CSS, it can be a wonderful addition/extension. Chris Coyer from CSS-Tricks has been writing very passionately about it for the past couple of years. There are some great articles you can find there, if they are of interest: http://css-tricks.com/search-results/?q=sass
    Maleika E. A. | Rockatee | Twitter | Dribbble

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a quick intro to SASS/Compass http://vimeo.com/24278115. Sass/Compass are of big help to me, I can't even imagine not using it in my projects. Easily the best thing I ever learned.