SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I currently use SiteMeter.com and have been very pleased with it, however, I need something in addition to SiteMeter that can track certain pages on my site. This would aid me in knowing what features are popular and what aren't. Some free is preferred. Suggestions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Web Trends and perhaps other log analysing software will give this kind of information. But you may not have access to log files on your server.

Although I am sure there are some out there, I have not come accross any remotely hosted trackers which give this information.
    Brad Culbert
    SQL Server 2005 Books
    www.SQLServer2005Books.com - Reader-rated SQL Server 2005 Books

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitbox.com will track all pages you put their code on.
    They generate several hundred different stats, viewable on the net, free. You are required to put their little annoying button on your page, but you can just maybe add 300 pixels to page length and stick it at the bottom, few people will scroll that far down.

You can pay to make it invisible, but if you get very many hits it gets expensive.

One thing I just read about them and dont like...
    They only track referrals to the front page. They will count the hits into other pages, but only the index page will pick up where visitors came from. I recently downloaded a demo of Web Trends log analyzer and am real pleased with it, but it is expensive. In comparing numbers the counts were pretty close to the same.

I've read alot about free stat trackers over the past few months and haven't heard of anything better, for free, than Hitbox. Having paths and individual page views stats is pretty valuable for adjusting navigation, content, etc.

Check out some samples on Hitbox and see what you think.

John

Kat's Meow Senior ******* WebKat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "SuperStats" include page counts in addition to their high number of different stats, but in exchange, of course, is the banner ad "SuperStats with iClicks" that you must have if you want it free, but at least you get .10 per click! They have a smaller free button but not the extensive stats...

SiteMeter, to keep competitive, will eventually have to add page counts to their service (I keep emailing & asking!) ~ but undoubtedly for a charge ~~ they don't get much exposure when you use their invisible counters! But their great tech support with 'Dave Smith, Webmaster' and invisible counter is what keeps me coming back...
    Dlynn :: SitePoint Senior Advisor ::
    PawPrint Designs by WebKat
    "Dogs come when they're called; Cats take a message and get back to you later." ~ Mary Bly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, SiteMeter is great. I'll take a look at SuperStats. Thanks, guys!