SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Importing Fireworks works

I have finished the Fireworks tutorial, and made my first pop-up menu, in html format.

My idea is to bring it to a html, but when I try to open the html in FW, it displays a message telling me "some images are not in the right place" and it doesnt opens the archive. Trying to open other htmls, FW only displays the first library available, leaving the rest of the document untochable.

When I save the pop-up menu, it creates some script archives, and several images. Even if I move those archives to the Site's folder and paste the menu in one of it's html, when I preview, explorer says "errors in the page".

How can I put my popup menu in one of my site's html?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you trying to open the html doc in Fireworks after exporting the menu to html? After creating your pop-up menu, you should use the export wizard under the File menu (using default settings) to create the html doc, sliced images and the .js script in Fireworks. It will prompt you for the folder to export the pop-up menu. Select the working web folder where your images are located.

Once the html doc is imported, open the html doc you want to import the pop-up menu to in Dreamweaver. Using the Insert, Interactive Images, Fireworks HTML commands, import the pop-menu. When the folder options menu appears, browse the folder where you saved the pop-up menu info, and in that folder is the html doc Fireworks created for the menu. Click on it and within a few seconds it will load all the images for your pop-up menu and add the code automatically to your html doc. Preview the page in your browser to make sure it imported correctly. If not, consider the following:

Fireworks pop-up menus are absolutely-positioned elements. They utilize X and Y coordinates based on the top, left corner of the canvas. Fireworks assumes that the pixel locations of the pop-up menus in your Fireworks doc will be at the exact same location on your Web page. So what you really need to do is open the html doc in Dreamweaver and click on the button or portion of the pop-up menu you would like to correct, then switch to code view (<>) and the code to correct should be highlighted for you. The code should look something like this:

window.FW_showMenu(window.fw_menu_0,127,20)
    The last two numbers correspond to the absolute x, y coordinates of the pop-up menu from the top-left corner of the page. Change those numbers to reflect the desired absolute location. Preview the page in your browser to see the changes.

whew! I hope this didn't confuse you.

You can't copy the pop-up menu folder to your working web folder and expect the code to work. It needs to be imported using Dreamweaver.
    Last edited by URAlly; Jun 4, 2003 at 06:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It did not confuse me... I was already confused!
    ... but it helps... I forgot that Dreamweaver needs to insert it like a fireworks doc... I thought it may import in html...as the FW converter said.

Well... it doesnt matters.. now it works. Thanks a lot for your time, Urally!