User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Installing PHP/PHPMyadmin/MySQL

Hi kids,

be gentle, first post...

I would normally try and sort this out the long way, looking through posts and tutorials but I'm on a tight time scale here and would WELCOME some help from those in the know!

I am trying to set up the PHP and MySQL on a home PC (XP) for some development and testing, I have downloaded and installed the apps (apache seems to be running OK) but I don't seem to be able to get the PHP engine to run...let alone find where MySQL or MyAdmin is hiding!!!

Any help/pointers would be great!

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

UPDATE!!!

A good friend has helped me along but have hit another snag...he's stumped and I wasn't clear in the first place so back to you guys!

Apache (1.3.27) is running fine...MySQL is set to run as a service...PHPMyAdmin is in htdocs and I can access BUT when I try to add a database my browser goes screwy, it's displaying the frame on the left, but am getting a blank screen on the right?!?!?

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Mark.
    Last edited by nodding dino; May 30, 2003 at 04:22.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The blank screen is unusual, but maybe it's just a browser setting that first needs changing to help start indentifying the real error(s) ... http://www.enjoybeing.net/asp_eb/article.asp

Secondly, have you tried running the old favorite of phpinfo()?
    PHP Code:
    <?php phpinfo() ?>
    Save that as, say, info.php in your htdocs folder then call it up in your browser. If PHP is OK then you will see a page showing all the PHP and server settings.
    Ian Anderson
    www.siteguru.co.uk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks siteguru - I thought that everyone was ignoring me!!!

I have created a test.php with the phpinfo and it displays fine...

I've never had a problem with browser settings before (ie6) but please shout if theres something that you think i should check!