User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast Adam Black's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banner Ad Rotator

I don't know if this is in the right forum but here it is anyway:
    Does anyone know of a good banner ad rotator the will allow me to like put affiliate programs and stuff on them so it still gives me the full amount of money. Not CGI i had one in CGI and i couldn't get it to work. I don't care if it is hosted on another site just as long as it is FREE any replys would be helpful

Kat's Meow Senior ******* WebKat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <<< Adam, thought you would have more response from the Advertising & Affiliate Forum ~ moved from Web Page Design ~ WebKat, Community Senior Advisor >>>
    Dlynn :: SitePoint Senior Advisor ::
    PawPrint Designs by WebKat
    "Dogs come when they're called; Cats take a message and get back to you later." ~ Mary Bly

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    adrotator.com its free and displays its own ads 7.5% of the time

ad-rotator.com is also free and is run by a SP Forums member and displays its own ads 10% of the time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay, thanks aspen! My personal promotion method is working!
    Anyway, let's get serious
    Adam Black, you could try our system. Or check out the demo at:
    http://www.ad-rotator.com/demo.html

You will not stuck with 10% random sponsor ads, just tell your friends about the service and the sponsor ratio will be bid down to 0%
    If you have any related question, just give me a message at son@ad-rotator.com

- Son Nguyen
    AdSpeed.com - Ad Serving and Ad Management Made Easy

Lord of the Underworld
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think http://www.pollit.com has something going doesnt it?

Adam

SitePoint Enthusiast Adam Black's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    k thanks ill try http://www.ad-rotator.com but thanks everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend http://www.orbitcycle.com highly.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had good times with both AdRotator.com and OrbitCycle.com. Of the two, I liked AdRotator.com more because it had a nicer and cleaner interface. They both do about the same thing though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by abahta
    I have had good times with both AdRotator.com and OrbitCycle.com. Of the two, I liked AdRotator.com more because it had a nicer and cleaner interface. They both do about the same thing though.
    Thanks

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used OrbitCycle in the past, but today, when I put their code into my vBulletin Message Board, my browser (and the browser of visitors) started giving errors. Seems that there is something in their code that the vBulletin script doesn't like. I'll be trying the other ones mentioned in this thread now to see if they are more compatible. Anybody know of any free services that specifically work well with vBulletin? Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried our service (www.ad-rotator.com) with vB yet, but I don't see any potential problem. If you like, you could try our service and match it with vB, see if they can live together
    Any related question, feel free to ask me (son@ad-rotator.com)
    - Son Nguyen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Ted
    I have used OrbitCycle in the past, but today, when I put their code into my vBulletin Message Board, my browser (and the browser of visitors) started giving errors. Seems that there is something in their code that the vBulletin script doesn't like. I'll be trying the other ones mentioned in this thread now to see if they are more compatible. Anybody know of any free services that specifically work well with vBulletin? Thanks.
    well for vBs try

http://www.dot-banner.com which was made for vB

i use on my vB webadverts at http://animeboards.net/forums/index.php just installed it the other day and handling 16 - 18k pageviews/day easily

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a couple questions about the ad-rotator.com. Is their any limit on the number of impressions that you are able to handle. I am interested in signing up, but I server a couple million impressions a month. Would that be too much load on your system. Also, would I still be able to decrease my ratio through referalls?

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a couple questions about the ad-rotator.com. Is their any limit on the number of impressions that you are able to handle. I am interested in signing up, but I server a couple million impressions a month. Would that be too much load on your system. Also, would I still be able to decrease my ratio through referalls?
    I am not criticising the fine folks at http://www.ad-rotator.com, but if you are serving a couple million impressions a month, why are you looking for a freebie? You could do better I am sure (pay service, script installation, etc.). I am a newbie when it comes to banner rotation so please, someone correct me if I am wrong here.
    Ted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Ted
    I am not criticising the fine folks at http://www.ad-rotator.com, but if you are serving a couple million impressions a month, why are you looking for a freebie? You could do better I am sure (pay service, script installation, etc.). I am a newbie when it comes to banner rotation so please, someone correct me if I am wrong here.
    Ted, you're not wrong. However, there are might be other reasons why Regier wants to try ad-rotator.com (and he/she did )
    I will answer the other questions of Regier personnally.
    - Son Nguyen

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ted,

That is a very good question that you ask. I just happen to be in the market for an adrotator for my site when I ran across this post. As it is best to consider all possibilities before making a decision I figured I would look a bit more into this option.

Otherwise I am probably looking at getting a second server just for ad serving as well as a thousand dollar script. Given the currently state of the advertising industry, it is hard to commit that much money into an in house solution.