SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Introducing XUL - The 'Net's Biggest Secret: Part 1

This forum thread discusses the SitePoint article 'Introducing XUL - The 'Net's Biggest Secret: Part 1' by Harry Fuecks.

"In one of the Internet's quieter corners, a revolution has been taking place! Join Harry as he explains XUL - what it is, and how to use it, in this, the first of his three part series."

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    php_flag short_open_tag Off doesn't work for me (AllowOverride is set to All). php_flag doesn't work in my httpd.conf neither. I have to use php_admin_flag, which is allowed in httpd.conf only and not in .htaccess. I'm running Apache 2.0 w/ PHP 4.2.2. Any ideas about how I can override the short_open_tag flag in .htaccess?

SitePoint Wizard gold trophysilver trophy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other way you could try with .htaccess is;

Code:
    php_value short_open_tag off
    Personally I haven't used Apache 2.x with PHP much yet (using Apache 1.3x) because I don't think it's a stable combination yet but if that doesn't help, try this forum - should get someone who knows Apache better than I do.

Of course you could switch it off in php.ini, as you seem to have control over your server...

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Harry. It doesn't work neither.

Nik

Anonymous
    SitePoint Community Guest
    when I run this script localy on my machine it works just fine, but when I view it through apache, I get the tabs, but nothing in the browser panels.

Is there some special setup that needs to be done in apache (ie mime types?)

Anonymous
    Your .htaccess causes an internal server error. Apache 1.3.27 win32 PHP4.2.3
    Chris

Anonymous
    I must be stupid but what code archive are you talking about (to see the example1 in action). I just came onto the site. Do I need to have inside knowledge about how this site works? Why not just provide a simple link?

Anonymous
    You forgot that all XUL must include the theme CSS as a matter of course, usually importing the global theme via @import url(chrome://global/skin/); suffices.