SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flash newbie needs help!

Hi all,

My father-in-law wanted me to do a site for him, so I put together the design and he loved it, but he wants his logo to be in Flash. Take a look at the logo here:

http://dev.electrabyte.net/spectrum/...-1c/index.html

For the line that curves down through the 'R', he wants it to be a 'spectrum' (like a rainbow sort of) where it sort of draws a rainbow colored line down through the 'R' and then a little 'twinkle' of light at the bottom. I think that if I can figure out how to make a rainbow colored line and that little twinkle, then I can get the rest. Anyone have any ideas?

TIA

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean the text?

Just find out what font it is and type it in using the text tool. Then go modify/break apart. So you can animate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually what I'm trying to animate is the curved line that starts above the text and curves down through the 'R'. I need it to be sort of a rainbow color and move down through the 'R', then twinkle at the bottom and fade to black.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That shouldn't be too hard to achieve. But by the sounds of things maybe you should run through a quick tutorial to familiarize yerself with flash.

Try searing for "flash 5 master" tutorial it's really well put together and I'm sure by the end of it you'll be able to make a bit of magic for your father inlaw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion. I know how to do some stuff in Flash. I took classes on it for three or four weeks. They didn't go real deep, though. I can create shapes, change colors, apply some effects, and move stuff around. Maybe I just need to think outside the box a little more, though. I'll look for that tutorial.