SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am stuck...

My work wants a flash movie of our computer game... My work collegue has come up woth one. However my work also want actual footage from the game in there.. How do ya do this ?

The movie cuurently is in .mov format but i can chage it to whatever in Adobe Premiere..

If I am right you cannot import quicktime into flash with out quicktime 4.. and even then can you exprt a .swy with the .mov inside ? Thats what I am trying to do....

The other thing i thought of was importing flash nito Adobe Premiere and exporting as a .whatever movie file.. This is not a very good choice as it really needs to be flash as we need to do some "get url" stuff...

How can i get a mpeg or .mov or anytype of movie into flash and then exported as a .swf... ? ?

Thanks, I am on a tight time limit for this one so a quick response is needed
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding Forums - Wanna be bigger and stronger?
    At Large Nutrition - nutritional supplements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a quick solution (depending on the amount or frames in the "game movie") would to export the "game movie" as indivual frames, then save them as PICT's or PNG and import them into flash that way.
    Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cloughie, it;s your lucky day. Let me explain to you how you can do this...

There's two options: 1. end up with a FLASH .swf file or 2. end up with a Quicktime .mov file with flash embedded.

For 1, you would have to do what the other person suggested and take individual frames and import them into flash as separate images. You can then add any flash functionality just like any old flash movie. But, be aware, if you choose to do this and want to get a real-time sensation of a movie, your final flash file is going to be huge.

The better option might be 2, where you import a QT movie into Flash, then export out back to QT. The way you do this is by the following: calculate the number of frames in your QT movie by mulitiplying time X fps. Then, in flash, insert the number of total frames. Then import the QT movie. Voila, you have a regular old flash movie now with a QT movie imported. You can do pretty much anything that you can with a regular flash movie. You can build you own nav bar, etc...

So with Premiere, you'd probably want to edit your video. Export to QT format, then import that QT file into Flash. ...

Have fun.

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheers people...

I decided to tell my work that it just wasn't gonna happen. It needs to be a .swf and its gonna be to big..
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding Forums - Wanna be bigger and stronger?
    At Large Nutrition - nutritional supplements

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't you load an external file into a Flash movie? Kind of like how an Iframe works in HTML? IF so why not just load the quicktime movie like that?
    Wayne Luke
    ------------