SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, I submitted my site and the following url to Yahoo!'s directory in the
    Home > Business and Economy > Shopping and Services > Consumer Advocacy and Information > Consumer Opinion category.
    (www.baddealings.com/forums/index.php)So I waited and waited and then I sent an e-mail to their url support. A couple of days ago, I got response stating that my website was in their database. However my site was listed as http://www.baddealings.com (a url I never submitted, because I used to have a flash page, and then it redirected to my main page), and it was listed in a higher category
    Home > Business and Economy > Shopping and Services > Consumer Advocacy and Information
    . I never got an e-mail telling me that my website was going to be added to their database, so is it possible someone else submitted my site? How do I go about finding out that information, because I would like to submit my site to the other category as well?

Thanks
    Steven

[Edited by steven on 10-31-2000 at 07:03 PM]
    Have you ever been ripped off, lied to or cheated? If so, check out
    Baddealings.com

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hhhhmmmm I doubt anyone else would have submitted your site.....

In my opinion Yahoo is one of the most unreliable dirrectories... I have often sent emails that never get returned...

Yahoo probably just took your base url, rather than display your forum... (BTW nice looking site )

As far as I am aware you are allowed to have 2 categories in Yahoo, but whether you get them is another matter, it is at yahoo's descretion....

So the only option you have is to either email them asking if you can have you forum ulr in their db, or if you can have an additional category..

You can also use the "change lsiting" form to request a change or additinaol catgergories.. Again no gaurantee anyhitn will hapen

Wannabebig Bodybuilding
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding Forums - Wanna be bigger and stronger?
    At Large Nutrition - nutritional supplements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You use PHP-Nuke, right steven?
    Have to say that they look all the same
    So you can focus more on content. With Yahoo!, should they send you an email saying that your site is in?
    And I think they decided to choose the homepage instead!
    - Son Nguyen
    AdSpeed.com - Ad Serving and Ad Management Made Easy

Ex-SitePointer silver trophy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could get a site into Yahoo! - I have read all the stuff on it and have done it correctly... by some standards and still nothing. I wouldn't even care if they stuck me in the wrong category .