SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Gang,

While checking the sites that link to me on Google a few days ago (i.e. link:mydomain.com)I ran across quite a few pages from thedevweb.com that were linked to me. There's nothing special about that because I know that site links to me. However, what was special is that Google was showing ASP pages in the index with a ? in the URL.

I then did some checking and found several other pages linking to me with a ? in the URL.

At first I thought that perhaps this was a fact about Google that had just slipped by me. But while surfing through another discussion forum today (oh the horror! LOL) I saw where someone else was reporting the same thing!

So, is this a fluke? Did I miss the train on this one? Or is Google now crawling dynamic pages and recording them?

If you want to see the ASP pages in the index, just surf over to google and type in.

link:thedevweb.com
    Editor, J.K. Bowman
    Spider-Food.net

psycho
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google are now indexing them. About bloody time !!!!

It's good because Yahoo's web page search is powered by Google as we all know

-J

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey James,

Thanks for the input. Did you find they had crawled any of your pages?

The reason I ask is because I am hearing that they are indexing pages, but they have to be pages which were actually submitted to them.

Not sure if that is right or not, but if anyone has a record of their submissions and they've submitted some dyamic pages perhaps we can clear this up.
    Editor, J.K. Bowman
    Spider-Food.net

psycho
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr. Bowman, I believe that if you submit the base URL, the search engine spider crawls all of your pages. My dynamic pages are now coming up a lot in both google and yahoo.

I submitted to yahoo (i have never submitted to google) about 10 months ago.

-James