SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this is going to be the successor to http://www.pankpages.com I just launched the site http://www.teamphotoshop.com a few days ago and would love to hear some feedback other than the crowd that I normally get on my forums. The site was created to hopefully become the leading photoshop portal with a little luck. I can honestly say I have never worked so long developing a site. So I hope it pays off in the content we offer the visitors. Ok, enough about that. The site is designed mainly for 1024x768 (and larger) screen size and newer generation browsers since my target audience is fellow graphic/web designers. So if you do view it on a smaller screen size you will see a slight gap on the left. That is the only drawback I have found so far for people with smaller monitors. Ok, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks...
    Bob- (pank) Owner
    eXtremepixels.com - professional skins for vB, IPB and phpBB
    digitalscrapit.com - digital scrapbooking supplies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very nice site! It looks like you spent a lot of time designning it, indeed! I have my scren resolution set to 800x600 because this is the most common screen resolution and many visitors to my website will be viewing the site at this resolution and this is why I keep this resolution to test my pages (although I sometimes switch it when I'm using Dreamweaver to make my site). The site does have that big bar of absolutely nothing on the left side and I don't see the point in this when you could just remove that and probably remove the scroll bar that I am getting on the bottom of my browser when I view your site at a 800x600 reslution.

That's the only problem I see! Great site!
    -Nick

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks unfortunaltely that is the way it has to be It is all set up inside of absolute layers so the positioning has to be exact or the drop down menu system would not work correctly. But that was a decision I had to make when I started laying out the site. Like I said before though the target audience is fellow graphic/web designers so the screen size problem should not come into play often. But thanks for the reply...
    Bob- (pank) Owner

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with MM on this one, as I often browse at 800x600, just because things are easier to see. If you took your entire layout, and moved it flush left, you could still use your drop down menus. Or if you used frames to center your content, similar to what I used on http://www.web-shorts.com.

You could do three columnar frames

Frame 1 width = *
    Frame 2 width (with your content) = 700
    Frame 3 width = *

This would always center your page in a 700 pixel frame right down the middle, this way you could use absolutely positioned elements, but always have the frame centered, and you could still accomodate the most often used browser resolution.

{another great site added to my bookmarks by the way}
    Daniel Short
    DHTMLShock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first impression of your site is that the opening screen is way to busy and dark. Not inviting. Despite the comment that you had succumbed to 800X600 it didn't load without scroll bar on the bottom on my machine. Using Netscape.

Also I noticed photoshop with both small p and capital P. Would recommend being consistant.

Headings team spotlight, other stuff etc. just blend in maybe a different colour to highlight them or maybe they are not even needed.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design a lot. I like the color scheeme, however, I think it could be lightened up a bit. I like your flash buttons, but I had a hard time figuring out what http://www.teamphotoshop.com/images/div.gif was. Sitting back from my monitor, I was not able to tell if it was text or just a line breaker. I know it was mentioned, but I have to agree with the screen size issue.

I like your navigation bar at the top a lot, however I would recomend having the links that comedown have a mousover image or change color... wait now that I take a closer look, I see that it becomes a **little** darker. I would recomend a more noticeable change.

Otherwise, I think it is a great site... very professional and I am going to be using it to help me learn more about Photoshop!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

98-2 1028x768 17" monitor dsl

a really nice site. there is a single suggestion and this is not a negative, take a look at http://www.teamphotoshop.com/stores/...ware_store.php and consider doing a left justify on the text portion. to move the description/price closer to its graphic.

if you have not already, take a look at kevin's tutuorial on php/mysql and consider the semi dynamic pages for some of the php that will not be changing often. might help your server time and with pages like this, you should have to be concerned with server usage.

thanks for a REALLY REALLY good site.

chown linux:users\ /world Hartmann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW! Very nice!

Tech Info - Connection: T1; Screen: 800X600; Colors: 32bit; Browser: IE5;

Loads extremely fast. Colors are great. I would rather have it fit in the 800X600 window (I have to scroll over a bit). This is a very nicely laid out site. Not too much information in one place. Extremely easy to navigate! Great Work

Bookmark

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for all the feedback, keep it coming. Ok, as far as the screen size I did fix it so there is no 100 pixel gap on the left anymore for 800 x 600. But the site was originally designed for 1024 so you may still get a small scroll in 800 x 600 but all the content should be right there and it is a 1000 times better than before. The only thing is I liked the pages centered but I'll sacrafice that for people with 15 in. monitors There is still a slight scroll but you should have seen it before the change.... I'm starting to play with the idea of banner ads so I'll have to see how that goes. As far as the colors and graphics this site is geared towards other designers so the layout and graphics need to have a designer feel. If this were a standard business site then yes I would agree it is a tad dark, but for fellow graphic/web designers the response has been great on the color scheme. We tend to like things that are a bit easier on the eyes since we spend most the day staring at a bright screen Ok, thanks again for all the suggestions and keep the comments coming. Thanks.

Oh and edshuck, the text is justified left on that page. I just have the table cells set to specific widths

[Edited by pank on 11-03-2000 at 03:28 PM]
    Bob- (pank) Owner

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great site !!!!!!!

I love the design..

A bit busy at the top and I think the banner looks kinda out of place up there.....

Also the black scroll bars I donlt think do it justice as you canm;t really tell where the scroll bar is or how much there is to scroll. My opinion on scroll bars is they should be left as they are.... But thats just my opinion

Good stuff...
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding Forums - Wanna be bigger and stronger?
    At Large Nutrition - nutritional supplements