SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Director 8.5 & PHP

Is i possible too use PHP wth Director 8.5? i havegot books on how too use Director but i want too create a login form which will use a Database.

I cant find anything on how to do this, in books or on the net. But i have seen people doing Login's with Diretor and want too know how its done.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Jason

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lingo is a pretty robust language and it is probably possible to do it that way. Another thing that ou can do with Director is call things from a webserver. You might be able to have Lingo do a validation and then check it against a set of parameters defied in a PHP file on a webserver.
    I am not really sure hoe you would go about doing this since I have never really used Director for web based work.
    Another option is to search for doing it with Shockwave, since that is how your content will be distributed.
    And finally, Director allows for Flash files to interact with it and with the web; you could build the entire login with Flash and PHP and then have it embedded inside of a Director file. I am not completely sure that will work but it is well worth a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers man, i will try that about what you said about Lingo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've done it with flash but not director. haven't dug deep into director since version 8, but before, you had to have and extra to interact with a database with lingo and they weren't cheap. not sure about the web. i would dig around on macromedia's site and mm's director forums. more likely to be an answer there. there is also a decent director forum @ www.tek-tips.com.