SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flash audio- What do you use?

I have to create a couple of Flash-based tutorials for my job. All of the tutorials involve me creating vocal instructions along with animations. The instructions will be up to 2-3 minutes in length. What's the best software for creating an audio file for this type of work?

Any advice would be a big help.

Thanks!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used CoolEdit, GoldWave & SoundForge and all of them are good and will do the job. I think GoldWave may be the least expensive of the bunch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have a look here

j0n

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find using a good recording technique and a good microphone is much more important than what software you use. No matter how good the software, if you record with a crappy mic, its still going to sound crappy.

It costs you nothing to hang a few blankets on the wall to deaden the room & you can make yourself a cheap pop filter with a coat hanger & some stocking. There are heaps of tutorials on recording techniques on the web.

If you do a bit of this kind of work it may be worth while investing in a good quality, general purpose, condensor mic. The Rode NT1, NT3 or AKG 1000 are great mic's for the price.

With a good mic, environment & recording level you can get great results using Microsoft Sound recorder!