Hi,

Unfortunately I have to make this post short and sweet (as my time on the net is limited), so excuse my ignorance for not looking at any other posts before writing this one.

A client which I had just finished a design for, brought up the idea of redesigning their business' logo. Well after they had thought about it, they are interested in me doing such a task for them.

Unfortunately, I haven't had experience in any other imaging programs except for Photoshop. A friend suggested to me that Adobe Illustrator was the way to go as far as making logo's go. What programs should I be trying to acquire? Was Illustrator a good suggestion?

Basically I want a program that allows me to scale up or down, without deteriorating the image's quality. Of course, being able to 'jazz' up the logo helps.

For any programs you may suggest, are there any tutorials/links that will get me started creating a logo? I am familiar with PhotoShop, but I would assume a logo design program would vary significantly.

Once I get to the stage of finishing the logo, I will obviously want to print the logo for different purposes. Specifically: shirts, cups, and stickers.

How would I go about printing for such applications? I really don't know what questions to ask (because I have so many) so it might be more convenient to link me to some websites or articles that deal with such a task.

I am sorry to seem so pushy, but unfortunately I did have to get this post done as quickly as possible.

Anyways, thanks for reading, and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

want2design.