SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question PHP Contact/Other Form

Hi All,
    I should have come here first instead of wasting too much time searching on my own.

I'm looking for a php form processor that does the following:

1) Secure from spammers. Hides the 'contact email address(es)' (my address and the address(es) the form contents are sent to) either in a seperate config page or in some other fashion.

2) Checks for required fields. I want to make most fields required, and if these aren't completed then the visitor will be forwarded to a page indicating errors.

3) Upon successful completion, takes the visitor to a custom php-generated page which indicates the information he/she submitted, where I can then forward them to another section of the site or they can navigate from there as they wish.

4) Generates an email autoresponder with the information they submitted and can be customized with an additional message from me or further contact information.

5) Easy to set up. Can be used for multiple forms. I have 4 forms that I want to set up on the same site.

I've been trying out Phorm, but I'm having some trouble getting required fields set up, and there is also an issue with having elements of the page in different directories.

Thanks in advance for all of your help and suggestions!

In friendship,
    Erich

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried
    phpformmail?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpformmail/

(I haven't used it yet, but it lloks like it might take care of your requirements - if it works, would you post your assessment of it?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi signlink,
    I had used the Perl version of the script and had some security issues.

I took a look at the PHP version a while ago, and it shows the email address in the form as in the Perl script - which I am trying to avoid.

Any suggestions or recommendations out there?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    patching that would be fairly easy -
    instead of passing the email address, recipient, as a hidden field, pass an id. Handle it like this:

$to = array( 100 => 'client1@address.com', 200=>'client2@email.com', 300=>'client3@yahoo.com');
    if ($to[$id]) {
    $recipient = $to[$id];
    }

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try our my favourite tool for form creation -EasyFormIt - one of the best tools available. combines interactivity+email notification+data validation. check it at http://easyformit.com
    if you'll have any questions regarding easyformit, email me kupalla@ua.fm