User Tag List

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Database Integration for "normal" Users

OK, this is what I want to do...

There is a group of people who can write HTML using Notepad. They wish to integrate a simple database into a website. For example. they wish to create a video library and then update/add items to is using a form which will be dynamically displayed as a webpage.

I know that Dreamweaver will allow you to set this up but it is very expensive. Are there any other cheaper alternative WYSIWYG editors out there that anyone knows about?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No

Isn't it quite easy to write a general db class and/or form handling script, and then instruct the "html people" how to use it?
    This is what I would do, because sooner or later someone in the group will ask "what's behind that magic stuff we include in our pages", and it's easier to explain your script than DW's blind alley of db integration tools

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew someone would say that!

I would just like to know if anyone knows of any cheap/free WYSIWYG that allows for database integration.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty hard to code "wysiwyg" since databasing/serverside code is "real" programming and not this fluffy HTML tag stuff

PHP really is quite easy, grab a copy of Kev's book and start from there with them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It still doesn't solve my problem. Let's pretend that I will recommend them to read Kev's book and work from it BEFORE I meet with them. I am still after a WYSIWYG editor similar to Dreamweaver but not quite as pricey. I just cannot seem to find one. Is there actually one out there?