SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

recursive dependancy error?

Have any of you seen this before and what causes it?

Code:
    "Fatal error: Nesting level too deep - recursive dependency? in Unknown on line 0"
    A debug_backtrace() shows my code is working fine, and actually the error seems to be thrown at the end of the script.

I don't want to post all the code, since there is a lot, but the essence of it is this....

I have a class called OCI_connect that handles my Oracle queries.

The simple act of creating the object results in the error. To compound this a bit more, the code executes fine on my local dev system (Win2k, Apache 1.3x, php4.3.0, and Oracle 8.1.7).

When I moved the code to our internal staging server (Win2k, IIS, php4.3.0, Oracle 8.1.7), the above error occurs. I suppose it is possible the webserver itself is responsible for the error... but I am having a difficult time tracking down information on this error to begin with.

Has anyone encountered this type of error and can lend some insight into its nature?

I am very puzzled by this error - it really doesn't impact the code - it only appears at the end of execution.

Any insight is appreciated.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen that error a couple of times as well, and as I recall it did not impact upon the scripts performance either.

I narrowed those instances down to print_r() or var_dump()'s on an object that I assume referenced itself somewhere among its innards.

This was in my case only a problem when trying to dump the object but obviously there was something wrong somewhere..

...not much help was I , just so you know you are not alone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a search and this came up.

My search was for "nesting queries". The search was to get a handle on whether I could do a query, then while printing the rows (conditionally) and when a condition is met run a query, print rows and then return to the original.

was this what you were doing. Any help - Many thanks.