SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Debate - .NET V. PHP: Top 10 .NET Myths Exposed

This forum thread discusses the SitePoint article 'Debate - .NET V. PHP: Top 10 .NET Myths Exposed' by Harry Fuecks.

Sooo, what you're saying is that I shouldn't have wasted all those Borders gift cards I got for Christmas on .NET books? Damn!! If only companies in the New England area would adopt PHP as widely as the list of companies in the UK. Everything here is .NET this and J2EE that.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xangelusx
    If only companies in the New England area would adopt PHP as widely as the list of companies in the UK. Everything here is .NET this and J2EE that.
    Don't let the list fool you, the use among of PHP among companies in England is pretty limited, way behind J2EE, .Net and ASP, plus it pays less.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heck, even a straight ASP job would be swell, but every company was too quick to jump on the .NET and Java bandwagon and now they're all scrambling for developers. I always laugh at the .NET job postings that ask for a Senior .NET Developer. Hello! The .NET platform has only been out for less than 2 years. The only Senior .NET Developers are the ones that wrote the platform...
    Chris Bloom
    Web Application Developer

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xangelusx
    Heck, even a straight ASP job would be swell, but every company was too quick to jump on the .NET and Java bandwagon and now they're all scrambling for developers. I always laugh at the .NET job postings that ask for a Senior .NET Developer. Hello! The .NET platform has only been out for less than 2 years. The only Senior .NET Developers are the ones that wrote the platform...
    When they ask for a Senior .NET deveolper, what they really mean is a Java developer.