SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi
    I am looking for some ideas how to improve my site http://www.netinthebox.com
    Right now I'm using a content provider for all available TV and Radio stations on the Internet.
    Let me know what you think

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi and welcome

first the data stuff. my machine is a pc running win98/2 1028x768 80 meg ram dsl.

cover sheet
    nice and simple (top logo) , very memorable (black bg), a bit of action directing me to a link.
    first page
    very easy navigation
    well thought out including the spacer replaced with a blank space. standard but nice with the other design units.

consistent design throughout.

there are some very complicated processes involved in the site. but for the user, the design is so complete as to make most of these transparent.

the only two negatives that occured was the arrival of scroll bars in the screens when i limited the screen size.
    and the lack of centering of the frames.

this is not a long review but there is not much to say. you have done a great job on this.

thanks for sharing. and thanks for the reviews you have provided.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you edshuck:
    RE:well thought out including the spacer replaced with a blank space. standard but nice with the other design units.

Which part of the page are you refering to?

Re:the only two negatives that occured was the arrival of scroll bars in the screens when i limited the screen size.
    and the lack of centering of the frames.

I don't like the scroll bars either but what is your recommendation.(I have tried java but it was very slow)

About centering of the frames, I don't see that on my screen. (If possible a screen shot would help)

thx a lot
    cheers

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that page looks nice and to the point. But you may want to add something (even some text) on that main splash screen. It just looks like a bit too much of empty space. And one other little thing the white text in your logo could be antialiased just a tad so it does not have any rough edges Other than the little things nice work...
    Bob- (pank) Owner
    eXtremepixels.com - professional skins for vB, IPB and phpBB
    digitalscrapit.com - digital scrapbooking supplies