SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

The Restaurant at The End of The Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Linking to a php script in frames?

I have several related php scripts setup up in frames. I know how to have them work together across frames and they work just fine. What I want to know is. How do I link to one of the php scripts from another aplication? Since they are in frames, which is an html file, this doesnt seem obvious. When linking across frames I just have to make a normal link with the $_GET data in the url and target the frame. Is there away to do this from outside and get through the .html file to the script in the frame?[img]images/smilies/confused.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit , and not sure what you are asking.

However, if you want a particular script that is usually run in, say the "main" frame, there is nothing to it, as frames are only a method of display. The scripts are not tied to any one particular frame where you have to address the frame name in order to access the script.
    John

The Restaurant at The End of The Universe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if the "Main Frame" as you say is main_frame.html. How is there nothing to accessing "sub_frame.php?name=name&anotherthing =anotherthing"? Oh, nevermind. I see what your saying. But that would only call the script and not the whole group with frame and all. hmm