SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Question New Clydesdale Bank Website

    Looking for feedback on the new Clydesdale Bank website
    www.cbonline.co.uk

    Fully responsive so a variety of different browsers/os' reviews would be handy!

  2. #2
    Just Blow It bronze trophy
    DaveMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Posts
    7,267
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Off Topic:

    Typically against the rules, but bumped due to the time it took to get the thread approved
    Dave Maxwell - Manage Your Site Team Leader
    My favorite YouTube Video! | Star Wars, Dr Suess Style
    Learn how to be ready for The Forums' Move to Discourse

  3. #3
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks good, I think more white space would be good though.

  4. #4
    SitePoint Enthusiast Pamela Alina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    56
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too much red on a page that promotes a bank.

    The message is clear: If you come to us, we will suck all your blood to the last drop.

    I advise you to use a friendly orange or blue calming.

  5. #5
    SitePoint Addict bronze trophy
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Oneonta, NY
    Posts
    307
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruudus,

    Overall I think you have a pretty good start. On the home page, I got the impression that there is just oo much going on. There is too much information thrown at the user at once. For instance in the first banner there are numbers to the left with text, numbers and percentages in the red box to the right and then text all over the bottom of the page. I would try and reduce that a little bit. It doesn’t detract from the design I just think people won’t read all of that. Try putting only the most important information on the home page and have users click through for more detail.

    Hope that helps,
    Shawn

  6. #6
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamela Alina View Post
    Too much red on a page that promotes a bank.

    The message is clear: If you come to us, we will suck all your blood to the last drop.

    I advise you to use a friendly orange or blue calming.
    Hi Pamela,

    Unfortunately I believe red is the Clydesdale's brand colour, maybe the sister bank website www.ybonline.co.uk might change your mind

  7. #7
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smanaher View Post
    Ruudus,

    Overall I think you have a pretty good start. On the home page, I got the impression that there is just oo much going on. There is too much information thrown at the user at once. For instance in the first banner there are numbers to the left with text, numbers and percentages in the red box to the right and then text all over the bottom of the page. I would try and reduce that a little bit. It doesn’t detract from the design I just think people won’t read all of that. Try putting only the most important information on the home page and have users click through for more detail.

    Hope that helps,
    Shawn
    Good feedback smanaher, I believe that those tables to the right may have something to do with the ridiculously tight UK regulation of the sale of financial products. It's great from the point of view of customer safety and protection, but yeah - it can mean that advertising can look a little chaotic sometimes due to it.

  8. #8
    SitePoint Zealot sofomor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    145
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simpol View Post
    Looks good, I think more white space would be good though.
    The separators are not visible - everything looks mixed up. The color scheme is good.
    Bullet proof corporate website design services, tailored to your specific needs - Said by sticker baby

  9. #9
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good!! But can be one of the best.. do concentrate on colors..

  10. #10
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't really show the 'We use cookies etc.' bar alert at the top. Almost every site uses cookies, and you can just talk about their use in your Terms.
    That alert could make people think that cookies are bad, and scare them for nothing.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •