SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, this is cisites, back with my improved previous design and new domain name. I spent the 14 of the last 24 hours redoing everything which I though would take a week. Anyway, I have most of the links now active and plan on opening on November 6th, but need all the last minute suggestions I can get regarding layout, colors and fonts among other things including the loading time which is always a concern. I added some new graphics and redid my CSS, which could still be better. Let me know what you think. My site is now located at http://www.igsites.com/main/index.shtml

[Edited by igsites on 11-03-2000 at 09:42 PM]
    Visit http://www.igsites.com for all your gaming needs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI

Great to see you back!

the logo looks good. you have done a lot of really good work on this site.

home - is link that went to 404. sorry, i think i was home but why did it not just refresh?

archives - is not yet an active link

forum - is a good link and i like the colors and the way you use the logo. good stuff.

about - works. did you change the font from the front page?

advertise - is a good link. quick load. nice treatment.

staff - the wording needs to reflect how totally committed and absolutely convinced you are to convey not just the information but also your passion for the project.

just occured to me - is the graphic on the right of the header right side up?

and my usual harp center the page.

when the project is in place and all is well, come back and share the real world of what you find works and what does not.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice site and design. I especially like the way you have implemented the top pics.

Just one little suggestion - it would might look good with a different color when you roll over it? Maaybe with a red color?

The right side of the page also looks good with the dark blue area.

Original Gangster silver trophy Thing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site. I found it to be very pleasing on the eyes. Extremely easy to navigate as well. The only problems I found are the same as listed above. Your home button is a page does not exist. It looks to me like a very nice site, good luck

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally some good reviews, I've been working on that basic design for a long time. I just hope the idea flys. The home button is broken because I'm not open yet and I don't want people viewing the site, other than you guys that is. The real index page is just black with a coming soon sign. Tox, about changing the roll over colors, what exactly were you reffering to?

Original Gangster silver trophy Thing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what Tox was referring to was a hover color for your links. I attached some code below, if you throw it between your <head></head> tags then whatever color you change the "red" to will change the text color when the mouse is moved over it

<STYLE type="text/css">
    a:hover{
    color:red;
    }
    </STYLE>

See the "color:red;" change red to whatever color you want.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    williamsba said what I meant. Sorry for not explaing better. I use this on almost all my sites either be using a different color or unbderline it when the mouse moves over the link.

termONE
    SitePoint Community Guest
    I would love to post more and even review your site but it seems every link i click has some kind of error on this board..

as did yours.. so i took off the inde2.html and then it said that the site will be up nov. 6th.. oh well...

term

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, I moved it to http://www.igsites.com/main/index.shtml
    I was just coming back to mention this when I saw your post.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first impression, I thought of a few things right away. I personaly would ad a little more space at the top. It seems akward to see the pictures located at the very top of the page. It might help to ad a spacer.gif image.

I also had a bit of trouble reading the text in yoru logo.

When I tested out your advertise page I recieved this message on the left hand side... "[an error occurred while processing this directive]"

Hope this helps

Steve Klebanow
    http://www.Sparkgames.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spent most of the day trying to fix file names an such. I don't think there are any 404 errors left. But let me know if you find one. I'm on a cable modem so it seems to load pretty fast, but I'd like some second opinions. How does the 'affliate' section look in place of the banner below the poll? Other than a few extremely minor problems, I think it's all about content now.

[Edited by igsites on 11-03-2000 at 09:44 PM]