SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choosing framework

I have been looking through these forums (my new home of php) and i found a lot of discussion on various frameworks. But these discussion are all over the place.

To make the decision of choosing a framworks, or even a templating system, there should be one pined post that would list all the frameworks and what ones though about each.

This will allow ones who are just strting going into advanced php (like me ) to have one place to look at to make an educated decision (based on your thoughts) about which way they should go.

If this has already been done than i appologize of repeating it and ask if you guys could point me to it.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly my point of view as well

I've posted a message at www.phppatterns.com today saying this exact thing - so folks, if you're interested at all in any regards to Frameworks w/ PHP and/or MVC/n-tier design etc

Head over to phppatterns.com and let's get the ball rolling aye ?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to the site - phppatterns.com but i can't find their forums, Dr. Livingston or someone else could you post the link to it.

Thx.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    by "Ive posted message" he meant commenting the article
    there is no forum on phpatterns.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly

If there were to be discussions at phppatterns.com I suppose the discussions would need to remain as comments based on articles submitted.

Though in saying that, an article could in theory be based on a number of people working on the same end objectives here at sitepoint for example, no ?

Have a read at what HarryF has to say about the continueation of phppatterns....

As a development communitity, HarryF has a valid point in saying that PHP doesn't have a spokes person as such, nor a place where a Java developer for example, can go to look at application development w/ PHP; other than php.net which isn't really appropriate - non development issues are amiss, and it's more concerned with the actual language and it's distribution.

So this Java developer is lost except for a few developer sites going about which in fact discusses PHP in more general terms; other than enterprise sized application development.

That's were phppatterns.com comes into the equation right ? HarryF has started the ball rolling by specifically gearing the site towards this area through the use of OOP - the building blocks of application development - done the proper way of course.

Have a read and see what you can do to help ?

http://www.phppatterns.com/index.php...leview/51/1/9/