SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there, I have redesigned my website and would like all comments and feedback.

The site: http://www.email.ky
    Requests: Load time, browswer, flash: yes/no **please indicate if the flash movie loops, or stops after to runthoughs!**; comments, and please tell me what you think of the subpages as well (ie http://www.email.ky/aboutus.html

Thank you for your time!

-Steve Klebanow
    http://www.email.ky

[Edited by stevek on 11-03-2000 at 04:43 PM]

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Mr. Sparkgames

Here's my information:

Browsing your site on: IE 5.0
    Resolution using: 640x480
    Connection speed: T1
    Flash enabled: Yes
    Javascript enabled: Yes

I would put your login information as one of the first things to come up on your site, as people are eager to check their email, not go through all the preliminary information like a first-time visitor would. First-time visitors can scroll down to get their sign-up info, and any other general information.

Something more descriptive than "The Free Email Site!" would be really helpful. There are tons of "free email sites" out there. What makes yours stand out? Speed? Reliability? Security? Add some descriptive adjectives and you'll have a nice tagline to go along with email.ky

The layout (Globally accessible, private, SPAM-free...) formatting was really spaced strangely on my screen. I would center up your tables and keep all the text even. It makes for easier readability. You might even want to put some graphic bullets before the colored text. It lets your visitor know that these are key points that your email service offers. You could really stylize them..little envelopes, pens and the like could really highlight the features of your free email.

Overall you're looking for emphasis! Something to give your site an edge over all the rest

Good luck!

Sherice Jacob - Web Improvement Expert
    Improve Website Conversions | eBook Covers
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi stevek,

98-2 ie5.5 1028x768 17" monitor 166 pentium dsl flash

the flash is just slow enough for me to catch it and fast enough to make me want to. really nice goin'.

nice icons, meets the need of the visual person or the text person.

you let them pick their own password. nice.

problem. on my 1028x768 the words did not wrap correctly.ie. Private:...employer (120 pixtels ) and (cr) SPAM before it can reach your mail box. so when you intended the pixtels to cause the and to line up under Private so what we need is a pre for a multi line wrap. i will work on it. any one else got a hint on this problem?

and the copyright does not intrude.

can you use the top of the about us page for the header on this page? by doing so you would reassure the customer that they are in the same site.

also make the agreement with a header, for unidormity.

navigation to the sign up and back from the sign up needs to be as clear as leaving the front page.

the top of the 'about us' page is perfect for the balance of the pages as a header. and the nav problem goes away.

the email provides a seperate addy for abuse - nice.

thanks for sharing.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for those great reviews!! I noticed the problem that you mentioned... it seems only to happen on Netscape and not IE... if you look at it on IE, I think you will see what I wanted to do.

I anyone can help me with that type of formating, please give me a hollar!!!

Thanks, and please keep the reviews coming!

-Steve Klebanow
    http://www.email.ky

... and one more thing... Sparkie, thanks for that tip on the login box. I don't know if you noticed, but there is a log in box that they can use on the main page (they dont have to click on log-in). But do you think I should move that log in box up more?

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please... any more help?

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I noticed the login box, but I was on a small resolution and had to scroll around to get to it. I would move it near the top more. Notice that similar email services like usa.net and hotmail.com do this. As beautiful and stylish as your site is, they just want to check their email
    Sherice Jacob - Web Improvement Expert
    Improve Website Conversions | eBook Covers
    Follow Me on Twitter!

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I justed fixed the alignment issue for the bullet statements... please check out what it lookes like now and please give me feedback and if you can, I would greatly apreciate comments or if you can, send me your own design for that little text area (BANNER IMPRESSIONS)

Here is the new design : http://www.email.ky
    the old one to compare to : http://www.email.ky/index2.html

Thanks!

Steve Klebanow