User Tag List

Thread: PSX 2

Hybrid View

psycho
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it worth me buying ? it looks class !!

and how much will it be, and when will the price drop ?

cheers
    james

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I'd rather wait until the price drops. I'd rather pay less for the same toy on a later date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to show my ignorance. What's the difference between PSX 2 and Playstation 2? I'm not gamey like the rest of you. LOL!
    Jim Lewis
    To BE or Not to BE, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barium Enema
    FrappyDoo Forums

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're the same thing.. PSX is just an abbreviation, like NES was for Nintendo Entertainment System..Not sure what the X in PSX stands for though..

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Sparkie
    They're the same thing.. PSX is just an abbreviation, like NES was for Nintendo Entertainment System..Not sure what the X in PSX stands for though..
    The X was stood for a deal that Nintendo and Sony were supposed to do, and it never went through. I don't know why though. It was supposed to have a CD-ROM device for the Super NES.
    Fiber
    fiber@liquid2k.com
    "Prepare yourself, it's da human beatbox"

e=2.718281828459045235360 HyperBaseball's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can get your hands on one now, I would highly recommend it. Even if you don't want to play it, buy one and sell it on eBay!

Someone bought one on there for upwords of $2,500-- whoever sold it made a lot off of that $300 investment.
    Jason Unger is me.
    "Homer no function beer well without"
    http://www.jasonunger.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a better and different description.

The Ps One was called the PSX to keep it separate from the Original Playstation, which was supposed to be the CD-ROM add on to the Super Nintendo.

As it was originally planned then, Sony was to come out with a all-in-one system that basically was a SNES/CD and that was to be called the Playstation. when Nintendo dumped Sony for Philips, Sony took what they learned, and developed the Playstation that we know today.
    Fiber
    fiber@liquid2k.com
    "Prepare yourself, it's da human beatbox"

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of quotes from the history of the Playstation...

Why Nintendo pulled out:
    The "Playstation Project" began in 1988 when Sony began negotiations with Nintendo to develop a CD-Based game machine. The Playstation would utilize compact disc technology which Sony controlled. However, Nintendo preferred a cartridge based system and pulled out of the venture, deciding to go their own way.
    Maybe a reason for the X:
    Another lesser known fact about the Playstation is that Sony didn't originally own the name. The Playstation name was instead trademarked by Yamaha, but Sony Management liked the name so much that they paid Yamaha an undisclosed sum of money to purchase the name.
    Missed this marketing campaign:
    The Playstation was introduced just as the DVD format was launching, and it was intended to not just play game but DVD movies as well. Hence the name Playstation.

Now looking in the Unofficial Launch Guide to the PS2, they show the PSOne, which is a scaled down model of the original Playstation. Attached to this game console is a 4" LCD screen connected to the AV port and a Cellular phone through the controller jack. Now my question is that since I have the older case on my Playstation, will I be able to use these cool new add-ons?
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    being a major games freak, i can honestly say the pxs 2 is no better that dreamcast, in fact sony have messed up, the machine wont come shipped with the PROMISED modem (uk) and will be released some time next year,

the games are ALL boring rehashes of psx games driver2
    crock of **** 3, ridgracrer 99, blah de blah de blah, thers no original new games coming out. It will sell becase of the millions of loyal psx peeps out, the only reason psx became so big was becaise you could copy the games FACT.

sony released the piracey chips, to make sales of the machine bigger. fact.

Dreamcast has also released an offical disk so you can play import games, its funny how it plays copies as well isint it? seeing as px2 is on the horizon.

personally am waiting for nintendo Cube or Xbox
    these really are a step forward,

i would wait and see what happens, iv seen the px2 in action, and am gunna stick with my dreamcast, ahve you seen previews of shenume?

Andysan
    Andysan :-)
    "do not despise the snake for having no horns for who is to say it will not become a wise dragon"

psycho
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shenume looks fat man, i cant wait for it. i have a DC but no games cos they're all **** !

but i know someone that was coding on shenmue, and even they didnt know when it was coming out

-j

[Edited by jamesglewisf on 11-15-2000 at 06:24 PM]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Andysan
    being a major games freak, i can honestly say the pxs 2 is no better that dreamcast, in fact sony have messed up, the machine wont come shipped with the PROMISED modem (uk) and will be released some time next year,
    That might be your retailer's fault. Sony has always stated that the modem will be released later than the actual machine here in the U.S.
    crock of **** 3, ridgracrer 99, blah de blah de blah, thers no original new games coming out. It will sell becase of the millions of loyal psx peeps out, the only reason psx became so big was becaise you could copy the games FACT.
    There are lots of new original games coming out. Among Launch Games released here in the U.S there were: Silent SCope, Unreal Tournament (proving the PS2 can do awesome first person shooters), Kessen, X Squad, Evergrace, Summoner, Cool Pool, Orphen, Wild Wild Racing, Eternal Ring, Smuggler's Run, GunGriffon Blaze (Another First Person Shooter), TimeSplitters, Surfing H3O, Silpheed: The Lost Planet.

Plus I have reviews on another 50 games to be released after launch. Of these Dark Cloud, Shadows of Emotion, Gunslinger, Reiselid: Fem Fantasia, DropShip, Oni, and Black & White all look very interesting.

Then of course you got your sequels, series and sports games.

Dreamcast has also released an offical disk so you can play import games, its funny how it plays copies as well isint it? seeing as px2 is on the horizon.

i would wait and see what happens, iv seen the px2 in action, and am gunna stick with my dreamcast, ahve you seen previews of shenume?
    Andysan [/B]
    I haven't seen a game worth buying on the Dreamcast so haven't spent my money on it. I have seen 3 games worth buying a N64 for but that isn't enough to justify the money either. I have 100 games for the Playstation so I'll stick with that.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Andysan

Andysan
    Well I have seen the PSX2 i action cause I have access to one all day There are some goond titles coming out, in fact I would for a developer/seller of psx,psx2 and pc games.. I wonlt say who or I will get accuse of spamming

We have loads of psx2 titles in the works and some of them look excellent. I have played the games which are not comnig out for mohts and they are cool..

I think i am gonna get one of these

Cloughie
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding Forums - Wanna be bigger and stronger?
    At Large Nutrition - nutritional supplements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey.. Cloughie. Hook me up.. Just Kidding.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by W. Luke

I have 100 games for the Playstation so I'll stick with that.
    don't you have enough !!! LOL....

check out http://www.midas-interactive.co.uk ok so I broke the rules, but I ain't spamming

I am adding the movie footage and 60 screenshots of our new psx2 game "dynasty warriors 2" today and they'll be up by lunch....

Wannabebig Bodybuilding
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding Forums - Wanna be bigger and stronger?
    At Large Nutrition - nutritional supplements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read the review for Dynasty Warriors 2. It is one of the PS2 games I am thinking about buying. Definitely going to buy Black and White when it comes out though. That came looks really good.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

Serial Publisher silver trophy aspen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a computer so I dont need to buy a console game system.

I consider it a waste of money since every game I want to play I can play on the computer and modems or not a console is still a long long way from rivaling the multiplayer abilities of my cable modem hooked up PC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm waiting on the Gamecube and the next Mario game - Mario 64 was one of those games that was part game, part adventure, and part art show. It was amazing to look out, and was very much ahead of it's time! It's good looking even today, years later.

Imagine what the first Mario Gamecube game will look like...it's gonna be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TWTCommish
    I'm waiting on the Gamecube and the next Mario game - Mario 64 was one of those games that was part game, part adventure, and part art show. It was amazing to look out, and was very much ahead of it's time! It's good looking even today, years later.

Imagine what the first Mario Gamecube game will look like...it's gonna be great.
    I agree.

I still play the Mario games on the old Nintedo machines, because I find them so enjoyable.
    russell.cz.cc - coming soon (I promise!)