SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I have a domain name which forwards to my actual URL. I am very new to web site design and even newer to promotion. Where can I get information that will help me set up promotion through search engines for my site. I guess I need to know about doorway pages, meta tags, and stuff like that. Am I better off hiring someone to do it for me or using a program? I am not sure the programs will work for me because I am using a template-style store builder. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prometeo

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    searchengine watch is a good place....

A few tips...

Submit manually. It is not THAT time consuming and the results will be better...

Don't go over board with the meta tags. They are not as important as good content for directories and good keyworeded text in the body for meta engines... Donlt use too many maeta tags as it only dillutes the keywords you chose. I like 12 or so...

Experiment. Have 2 metatags on one page, have 20 on another. Then when you evaluate your results its easier to change other pages so more rank netter. Basically widen your options...

Evaluate... Regualry check your rankings for declining positions so you know when to resubmit etc... Webposition Gold is excellent for this...

Expect anything from the engines. They are unfortnately irregular and inconsistent... Yup thats just the way it is Just keep pressing on..

Hope that helps
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding
    Wannabebig Bodybuilding Forums - Wanna be bigger and stronger?
    At Large Nutrition - nutritional supplements