SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally confused, databases not taking any more entries

Hello all,

I am entirely confused as to why my MySQL database has all of decided to stop working. First, this is a custom news script that has the following fields: id, date, content, title, author, source, base, imgsrc, and imgalt. All those fields are included within the table "news."

Originally, I thought there was a problem with the form to submit data to the database; however, when I attempted to enter data directly into the database via phpMyAdmin, I received the following error: "Duplicate entry '127' for key 1" Just to clarify, the last entry's id is 127. However, there are 118 total entires. It gives this error even if I manually put 128 in for the id... Furthermore, if I were to delete the entry id 127, and then submit a new item into the database, it works well.

I have tried over and over again, but my knowledge of this is truly limiting me. So, I am asking everyone here that knows much more about this than I.

So, if you can help me out, I will GREATLY appreciate it. If you need any more information, please let me know.

Thank you VERY much...

Sincerely,
    Andrew Tatum
    Andrew Tatum
    FinHeaven & Co - Get Drenched With Finformation
    The FinHeaven & Co Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you have the column type for "id" set as TINYINT, which maxes out at 127. You can change it according to the table toward the bottom of this page:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Numeric_types.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, so simple yet entirely looked over. Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it... you don't know how long I've been looking for an answer...
    Andrew Tatum
    FinHeaven & Co - Get Drenched With Finformation
    The FinHeaven & Co Forums