Hello all,

I am entirely confused as to why my MySQL database has all of decided to stop working. First, this is a custom news script that has the following fields: id, date, content, title, author, source, base, imgsrc, and imgalt. All those fields are included within the table "news."

Originally, I thought there was a problem with the form to submit data to the database; however, when I attempted to enter data directly into the database via phpMyAdmin, I received the following error: "Duplicate entry '127' for key 1" Just to clarify, the last entry's id is 127. However, there are 118 total entires. It gives this error even if I manually put 128 in for the id... Furthermore, if I were to delete the entry id 127, and then submit a new item into the database, it works well.

I have tried over and over again, but my knowledge of this is truly limiting me. So, I am asking everyone here that knows much more about this than I.

So, if you can help me out, I will GREATLY appreciate it. If you need any more information, please let me know.

Thank you VERY much...

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum