SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for your review: what do you think about my site?

Hello guys,

I have been reading this forum as a guest for a long time and later decided to register and share my point of view about the websites, etc. I found here amazing websites and wish to all of you good luck with your sites. Now, I would like to share with you my website: Online 3D Games This is an arcade website and I would like to hear your opinion regarding the following:

- Do you like the design?
    - What would you change there?
    - Does the website load fast for you?

Thanks,

Dave

SitePoint Addict bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David,

A couple of things that I noticed right off the bat. There is no description for what it is people can do with your site. Based on what you said in your thread and looking at the site, I’m assuming the site’s purpose is to play games? You should be very clear about that on your homepage.

The other thing is that a download happens when I try to play a game but it doesn’t tell me what its for. That doesn’t instill a lot of trust in the website user. If I want to play a game on the site and all of a sudden something is downloading and I don’t know what for, I’m out of there.

Here are some other tips you may find beneficial,

http://www.keyrelevance.com/articles/usability-tips.htm

Best,

Shawn

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a good website which seems to fufil it's purpose. The site is easy to navigate to and from, and the design is easy on the eyes. The design is crisp and neat, and everything seems to be aligned and presented clearly. I personally wouldn't change anything, the site seems to look professional as can be, and it's the sort of design i'd use myself to design a website around gaming.

The website loading time is very fast, it took less than 2 seconds for the site to load for me. There are some blank spaces towards the middle of the page, presumably where ads are or meant to go, as the ads don't show up for me as i'm using adblocker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siick26 View Post
    It's a good website which seems to fufil it's purpose. The site is easy to navigate to and from, and the design is easy on the eyes. The design is crisp and neat, and everything seems to be aligned and presented clearly. I personally wouldn't change anything, the site seems to look professional as can be, and it's the sort of design i'd use myself to design a website around gaming.

The website loading time is very fast, it took less than 2 seconds for the site to load for me. There are some blank spaces towards the middle of the page, presumably where ads are or meant to go, as the ads don't show up for me as i'm using adblocker.
    Thanks a lot! I had problems with the server and have been optimizing it . Now, I'm planning to use Google PageSpeed service and let'see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I offer no download on the site. Maybe there appear plugin notification such as Unity 3D plugin and Shockwave plugin. Well, the site title and the content is enough to say what the site intend to do

Quote Originally Posted by smanaher View Post
    David,

A couple of things that I noticed right off the bat. There is no description for what it is people can do with your site. Based on what you said in your thread and looking at the site, I’m assuming the site’s purpose is to play games? You should be very clear about that on your homepage.

The other thing is that a download happens when I try to play a game but it doesn’t tell me what its for. That doesn’t instill a lot of trust in the website user. If I want to play a game on the site and all of a sudden something is downloading and I don’t know what for, I’m out of there.

Here are some other tips you may find beneficial,

http://www.keyrelevance.com/articles/usability-tips.htm

Best,

Shawn

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The background is quite eye-catching and a good choice for your genre. Load time for the site is excellent. I would say that the buttons up top for the different genres of online games that you offer seem to blend in too much with everything else. I would suggest making them more distinct. I would also make the Fog7.org part of the top banner take up a greater area and decrease the area for Facebook, search, and login. Those three in my opinion should not take up that much space and should be better defined rather than seeming jumbled together and haphazardly placed. Also, how the site shows up on Google when you search for Fog7.org is excellent. My main point of concern for what would turn me away from the site and thus possibly others is the popups when moving from page to page.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Do you like the design? yes.
    - What would you change there? page loads slow due to so many graphics.
    - Does the website load fast for you? Initially, yes. But scrolling is very slow.

Other than that, site gets to the point. Usability is easy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @AmericanWestern thanks for your review. The popup actually is very common option when we're talking about arcade sites. 98% of sites (except some giant portals) has this option included because it's some sort of legal revenue.

Thanks,

Dave

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design and color combination of your site. Great Work , Keep It up !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall look of the website is good,and my advice is about background design.Just have a look at that.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Do you like the design? Mostly, bit busy but it probably fits with the market/age group.
    - What would you change there? prioritizing some of the games? Setting up some structural hierarchy? they all to have the same importance, the presentation is a bit flat.
    - Does the website load fast for you? Not bad. but there is something that looks/like a flash/hiccup when you click on your game of choice. Not smooth. also when I went to pick a game and choose "fullscreen" it would not let me exit fullscreen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i do have a couple of Notes :

your site is
    1 / fast loading
    2 / clear as white template
    3/ clear as content

best wishes for more success

Best Regard

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that it's a really good design for a 3D game website, the colours and the navigation are really perfect

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design. The background image has a lot of action without being overpowering.

The main page is a bit busy. I wouldn't mind some more space between things to give a bit of breathing room.

The stars are good to help show the rating of a game and how good it is (or not).

The images of Last Played Games are good. It would be nice to have some text appear on hover so you can see what the name of the game is. That would help you decide if you want to click on it or not.

The website loaded really fast, especially considering it has so many graphics. Well done!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I click on the search box, I have encountered pop-up ads. I would like to say most people hate this kind of ads.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Dave!

First reaction: I like the color scheme and the overall design! It feels fun, gamey...I feel like I get the tone of the site right away. Having the logo appear right up there in the top left I think is good...It was one of the first things I noticed. I like the layout: background picture, main off-white box of the site, organized categories of games within the off-white box. I also like that the categories have clear labels within different colored banners.

I had some confusion about the two boxes underneath "last played games" and "social games". Underneath "last played games" is a box that seems to be scrolling through four games and a 'play now' button. I feel unclear about what this box is for, and it seems a little out of place being the only box without a clearly labeled banner. To the right of this, under "social games" is a blank box which also seems out of place. I think reorganizing or even just eliminating these two boxes could add a lot to the feeling of organization and clarity of the site.

Also, I opened the website using Firefox, and it loaded right away.

Hope this helps!

SitePoint Enthusiast Pamela Alina's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidstar7 View Post
    - Do you like the design?
    - What would you change there?
    - Does the website load fast for you?
    1. Webdesign is very fine
    2. Home page is toooo long.
    3. Is fast for me. 1,43 sec in Romania location.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    You have a lot of games for kids, that is great. Maybe adding tittle on each image, or having a brief description will give the user a better idea of the name of each game.

Mercy
    Last edited by Stevie D; Jun 15, 2013 at 14:39. Reason: Self-promotion removed

Community Advisor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The art direction is very good, I definitely get a 'playful/ gamer', YOUNG GAMER actually, vibe to it.
    the graphic design is ok, I definitely like the CLEANNESS.. KEEP THAT , but a few points of contrast /highlight will do this look great.
    There are some REALLY neat ideas.
    the BG is cool, if a bit heavy ( file-size wise) . Nice design choice tho.
    I like the look of nav var at the very top, but I the icon need to have a tool tip so that users can be certain of what they do.
    the hover effect, however, doenst go well, as when you remove the 'shadow' it just looks like one button merges with the next.
    I also hope you used accessible image replacement techniques
    Nice job on the masthead.

It would be ince if there was more CONTRAST between the bar/block section heads ("newest games, etc) maybe make the bar few shades bar lighter, or the box a tint darker? Also a secondary box, around each game would make it easier to see ( this could easily be done with box-shadow, if you are worried about additional markup)

I have speedy internet, the website doesnt load "fast" but it loads FASTER than other websites of its kind... maybe because you have yet to put all the preview games. This may be a tactical decision that you should make based ONLY of your personal research of your intended viewership. Would they stick around a few seconds to see all your games at once, or would they rather just see a few selection to feel that your site is 'cool' and then explore deeper to learn all that you have to offer.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loading time is good but you should put some more colors in the container section to make it more funky, colorful as it is a video game site!

<snip />
    Last edited by guido2004; Jun 18, 2013 at 00:28. Reason: please use a real signature link

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site loads moderately slow in my computer; especially the images. The layout is good anyway.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall I like the design. I'd think about flattening it though.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site. Its opening speed is good and as gaming site it really rocks, also it has so many pages.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see your loading speed is slow and it's negative impact on your site

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering your site design it's pretty good!! but a little slow and takes time for loading please try and sort this out..