User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Create database in Ensim Panel

Hello

I hope my info is not too vague here and hpefully this is a quick question but here goes.

I have a PHP script which requires an SQL database.

I am using an ensim panel and am trying to "create the database". I used the help section in ensim but it is very vague as to what to do after changing the password.

I have looked for tutorials and cannot find the exact steps.

Is there anyone out there who can just give me a list of what to do on this ensim panel

OR is this more difficult than that .......possibly requiring some training.

thx for your help

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is actually quite simple using Ensim. If your web hosting service has not already set up a starting database for you, you should see on the Ensim panel a place that says "Create new database". Type in a name and click "create". Then select the database you created and start building your tables. If Ensim and MySQL are set up properly, it should be very intuitive.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that is where I don;'t inderstand or am not sure. Where do I get the info for my tables. Is it somewhere in the documentation with the PHP script. I have installed scripts before but never had to set up the database.

Also before the screen goes to the "table structure", it asks the location of a textfile. Which file is it looking for.

thanks again for the help. I must be really thick.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, now I see where you are... It depends on what the script is doing with the database. You would normally build your own tables in MySQL to be run with the PHP script. You can create a table in MySQL from scratch using the PHP Administrator (if your web host has provided it). But first you must know what you are building. The book that Sitepoint has been selling is excellent and very basic to get you started.