SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for some feedback.

Okay, so about this particular website. It is a speaking engagement system in which the company will be able to manage it's employees (speakers) to assign them to an 'engagement'/'event'. The site is wide open to be played with as it's on one of my websites and it doesn't matter if you add/edit/delete any information. Please express your thoughts about the design and workflow of the website freely. The website can be found at http://skindarella.net

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has a nice look to it.

The dashboard doesn't seem very useful. I would expect to be able to add speakers to events here, see how many speakers are on the books, check which speaker is assigned to which event etc etc. At the moment it is a static page containing repeating data. It has no function.

I can edit a lead, but not view it... Not sure what the checkbox on the left hand side of each lead/event/user is for.

I think you could probably make the view and edit pages one page, with an option to edit certain sections (if you have permission to do so).

The filters at the top of each section are a nice idea (but as yet don't work). The search field doesn't work, but its well laid out.
    The download (XML, CSV, JSON) links don't work, but I can see how they would be useful (not sure about the JSON though... perhaps that would be better as a feed so it could be used by another site?)

The forms are nicely laid out. There are a lot of tabs when adding an event, some of which contain only one field. Perhaps you could look at grouping some of these together, so you have fewer tabs?

When you add an event/user/lead the tab at the top reverts to Dashboard. That may become confusing. The title id: <titlebar_left><h1> is always Dashboard... perhaps that should change depending on the tab? But then do you really need it if the tabs are highlighting correctly? Ditto the (none functioning) breadcrumbs.

Hope that's constructive!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice website. I have found a tutorial eBook how to promote a brand new website. You can take a look on this eBook here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In terms of design, it`s very clean and user friendly. Now i understand it`s not a real public site, hence the "admin backend" look.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very clean and nice. Just wish there is a color rather than just white as the background.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand that when people open it, they will go there with a specific intention, but it still seems very odd that there is no home page or explanatory information.

The contact role for each person under the "view" menu doesn't make sense to me--I don't know which of these people I would want to assign to a particular event based on the information about each person--but presumably the company users will have that knowledge?

The Events tab looks the most intuitive to me. I didn't try to edit any events, but if the contact information automatically enters when you first start typing, that would be a great feature. The steps along the right side are okay--since there are so many, I can see why you didn't rely on tiny tabs, although that might have been slightly more intuitive, along with a label that says Step One and a link to the next step at the bottom or top of the event page tab. One other thing for the Events page is that there is no link back to the same event from, say, Step 5. You have to either use the back arrow or click on Events and re-select that same event. Adding that link to each of the tab pages for each event might streamline the process for your users.

I know I'm not your target user, but I hope some of it was helpful--good luck with the site!
    www.conversationpieceslearning.org
    Enrichment Ideas and Activities for Teachers and Students
    www.youcancreate.org
    Daily Creative Challenges for People Like You

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice and good as per my view, its ok and good

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's quite functional and that's good, the font is too small on this page:

http://skindarella.net/event_edit.php?event_id=1

Other than that I can't really find much to fault, performance is also pretty good.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi robatic, i am impressed and also encourage every member of this forum to design the website as the people will be motivated internally to give feedback on your webpage. For this purpose website should be user oriented/ friendly and have to provide user opportunity to comment on it also.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you have missed the social icons. Other than that, fonts and colors are pleasing to the eye.

SitePoint Member Tasha Thompson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Looking website, But some points disappoint me, that are -
    1- Fonts Size is unusual
    2- Header Length is unnecessary
    4- Missing Social Icons
    5- Missing Footer

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, not sure if this is your final design but it looks very templaty. I'd change your header which is too generic. http://skindarella.net/features/ hags some nice icon.

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This site looks very bland and uneventful. There is no content and WAY too much blank white space. Even if I was not a web designer, my first thought would be that you spent 5 minutes putting up a website.
    Levy's Fine Jewelry- buyers and sellers of modern, antique, and estate jewelry

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice and design but in my vews you should reduce logo size it take much space

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to look at font sizes and spacing.
    Worth looking at homepage in terms of layout - using colours/borders or something else to highlight areas of content and make it a little more readable.
    Need to make the website more obvious in what it is trying to achieve.

But in terms of design it's a good base to work off!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found this design a little bit minimalist but I can be modern!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's nice. But in my view, the logo is a little large

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, its really very nice but some issue please clear that issue