Results 26 to 27 of 27
May 26, 2013, 19:13 #26
Redirect Directive: Sends an external redirect asking the client to fetch a different URL. The new URL may be either an absolute URL beginning with a scheme and hostname, or a URL-path beginning with a slash. In this latter case the scheme and hostname of the current server will be added.
redirect|R[=code] Forces an external redirect, optionally with the specified HTTP status code. Use of the [R] flag causes a HTTP redirect to be issued to the browser. If a fully-qualified URL is specified (that is, including http://servername/) then a redirect will be issued to that location. Otherwise, the current protocol, servername, and port number will be used to generate the URL sent with the redirect.
From Old to New (internal)
RewriteRule ^/foo\.html$ /bar.html
From Old to New (external)
RewriteRule ^/foo\.html$ /bar.html [R]"Folks who know what they're doing make complexity seem simple."
May 28, 2013, 13:57 #27
- Join Date
- Mar 2004
- Caracas, Venezuela
- 1 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
It seems the problem is not in htaccess at all but the httpd.conf file.
For the application I'm developing it seemed a good idea to give each client a sub-domain
mostly a vanity thing but one which would allow each client to customize (skin) their account and not have to go through a common portal or landing page to get there. Later I found that if the sub-domain part of the url had a mistake the user would get a server not found error message. The solution was to create a wild-card (*) sub-domain. Then, provided the domain itself was correct, php would be able to deal with all the problems. I set it up and when testing I got some weird results. I had already set up two sub-domains. A url with www.client.domain.com acted different than a url with www.wildcard.domain.com. I think I tracked it down to the httpd.conf file. Being on a shared server I don't have access to this file so I can't be sure.
Thanks for all the help!Denny Schlesinger