SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vBulletin and PostNuke Question???

Hi,

We are going to start using PostNuke for a community site we are building and would also like to add vBulletin to our community as well. What I was wondering is... can the following be done and if so, how hard is it to do? If you go to SitePoint's homepage, at the bottom of the page it shows the latest threads that have been posted to this forum.

Can that be done with PostNuke and vBulletin... and if so... is there a tutorial or instructions somewhere on how to implement it?

Thanks a lot!

Bananas contain Zinc fonzerelli_79's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the postnuke tables and vbulletin tables are quite different

www.vbportal.com was developed from postnuke specifically to go with vbulletin. Ive used it with a site before - its very good but can be very heavy on cpu time and bandwidth

if i remember right there is a hack available for postnuke to add vbulletin but it doesnt integrate as well as vbportal (also known as phpportal)

you should also consider vbLite which is a hack at vbulletin.org - it might not have all the features your looking for but cpu time and bandwidth will be much lower. The home page for this hack is here http://www.teckwizards.com/ (by the way this site is using the hack)

the latest threads on the sitepoint home page is one of the most popular hacks at vbulletin.org - its known as 'last xx posts on non vbulletin page' . It does exactly what it says on the tin - it simply allows the latest threads to be listed outside of the vbulletin site. Its a fantastric hack which will bring a lot more traffic if placed on the home page or of your other sites

hope this helps