SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Formerly known as RockNRollPig Shpigford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

link vote and count

okay...i posted earlier today with a request similar to this but this is now different and a lot less complicated....basically i need a simple php script that will allow users to vote on a link they click on (usings a 5 star system of voting) and also to count the number of clicks on a particular link....so basically something like this

Bobby's Home Page (number of stars would be right here)
    Vote: (click on the number of stars this site deserves)
    Number of Clicks: number of clicks

i hope this makes sense...thanks!

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgive me my ignorance please, but what is your question?

Do you want us to write such a script for you?

Do you want us to tell you where to get started, which approach to take?

Either way, please have a look at (for example) hotscripts.com, as i am pretty sure you'll find what you're looking for.
    Which means you can either take a finished script and use it, or you can learn from it.

Hope this helps somewhat

Formerly known as RockNRollPig Shpigford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not really asking anybody to write a script for me...i mean of somebody wants to then by all means go ahead!! but if you know of a particular script then that would be nice and any suggestions would be nice as well....and i spent most of today looking at hotscripts....ALL of them are link management systems...i don't need a script to allow others to add links...and technically it probably doesn't even need to use MySQL....as of now im not really looking for a script that will keep track of all the scripts as a whole....i don't need a script that will put all the most popular scripts on the same page...i just want each individual link to count how many tims the link has been clicked on and also allow the person visiting my site to vote on the link....hope that clears some things up