SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I just made my site over again the link is http://rctusa.cjb.net thanks for any reviews

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your alignment on the site isn't working well on my browser and why do you have so many pop ups? That is distracting and didn't make me want to continue on your site. Good luck. sdeaglewoman
    sdeaglewoman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

some of your code is showing on the front page.

peace

ed

win98/2 80 meg, true color, sony 17se,

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Several typos/incorrect spelling/incorrect grammar on homepage; many more inside. Not a good impression. Purple font on black background--tough to read. Similar reading problem inside. Did not find any inside links enabling return to home. I think all (most?) of us hate those popups, and they discourage return visits.
    Gene-B

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    without sounding to harsh, you need some design, its got that just typed the words and pressed return html feeling.

why not change the rollover colours on the main page page instead of black maybe to white? you can't see what you.ve rolledover, i went to the trainers page to have a look a picture and it asked me if i wanted to download something is that right?

what about some pictures it's very bland.

keep it up you'll get there, the web a pain in the A^%e sometimes.
    Andysan :-)
    "do not despise the snake for having no horns for who is to say it will not become a wise dragon"

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing I see is "target=_top>" !!
    Suggest you delete " target=_top></A>" from your code.

Seems like the purpose of your page is simply displaying affiliate banners and (boring) popups.

If you follow a link from the front page, you are unable to return.. You need a 'home' link.

I guess you would have to be a Railroad Tycoon addict to return to this website...

I suggest you give some more information about the files so that you dont have to download everything to find out if you like them or not.
    Vigfus Thor
    http://Bestoficeland.com - Your guide to Icelandic websites
    http://www.FunnySMS.com - Send funny sms picture messages

Procrastinator Extraordinaire lucas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ughh. code showing, broken ads, ads not aligned on left border, no idea what the site is about on first impression, needs a "real" logo, layout is really simple. if your just beginning though i think your doing pretty good. needs some more content, a better/different color background.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I'll say it...this site is terrible. Everyone here has given good constructive criticism. Take that to heart.

One thing to remember...If you are going to design a web page, it would help if you sketch it out first. By that I mean sit down with a pad pf paper. Write out the sections.

1) Trainers
    2) Tracks
    3) Parks
    etc...

Then pencil in what the purpose of the site is.

Spend time on the first layout, test it in multiple browser (at least IE and Netscape).

Once you have something that looks good and works properly, go >FIle>Save As... and save that HTML page as the multiple version so that you code is identical for every page...then all you need to do is add the relevant content to each section.

Don't let the fact that may not be good with graphics get you down. Look at Use-It. There are almost no images on his entire site. (side note...I am not recommending this site, just using it as an example).

Keep working on it...

creole

Adobe Certified Coldfusion MX 7 Developer
    Adobe Certified Advanced Coldfusion MX Developer
    My Blog (new) | My Family | My Freelance | My Recipes

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't know about this one. I hate new windows popping up with ads, major programming problems, just doesn't make me want to view it. I probably spent less than 30 seconds looking at this site and I was trying to be a thourough reviewer. I would recommend a good book on HTML and spend the time learning the language. Even if you use an editor you'll never go wrong with the knowledge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm assuming you'r very new to designing, right?
    well as some others have said some code is showing etc.

What software are you using? if your new you should use
    Front Page 98/2000 as its very easy to use and the tables
    are easy to use.