SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a site I did for my cousin to help promote his career. The address is www.derekdavidson.com Any comments are welcome. Thanks!!!

[Edited by edshuck on 10-27-2000 at 09:55 PM]

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall it's ok- percentage wise I would probably say 95%, with 100 being excellent.

Appearance: Nice and simple, for this type of site I guess you really don't need anything too fancy. The only thing I can recommend is to use an online news posting system. It looks to me like whenever there is a new piece of news you add it in and then FTP it. Don't do that. Check out blogger.com, it's easy to set up and updating won't be a hassle anymore. I like how when you click on a link, and new page format shows up- the appearance really is wonderful.

Navigation: Nice navigation, straight forward and to the point. Well organized.

Overall this is a really nice site, I can't really think of anything that needs to be changed, except implementing blogger on your index page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi
    i changed the code to vb for the link.

the graphic is fuzzy, but after looking at it a bit, nice. might have some of the graphics folks comment. something seems wrong but i do not know what.

the menu is very nice with the curve but the black and the blue fade togeather and are not that readable.

the graphic across the top and down the left is nice but masks the car and the menu.

hey folks need more reviews for this site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IM A MOTER RACING JUNKIE, so very very very nice site.

Overall i do think the site is well designed.

A few things you may wish to take note of.

The way the side menu is on the pages, specifically the mouse over effects. I think you should can the way they let the background be viewed.

And if i was you i would take the news of the splash page, infact i would cut off everything below the buttons, which are below the main photo at the top.

Keep up the good work...
    SiteOptions >> Services :: Products :: Contact
    Developers of PHP, C++, Visual Basic, MySQL, and more!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off I want to say thanks for the comments, it means a lot coming from peers. Fizzle, you are right I do the updates then FTP them in. I will look into getting blogger. Mad-onion, being a motorsports junkie I'm surprised you would not want to know what was updated since you were last there. That was the resoning for putting the news on the splash page. I wanted a functional splash page not just a click to enter one like what used to be there. Thanks for the comments everyone

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really enjoyed your site. Very good navigation. I did find the blue navigational links on your main page difficult to read on my 19 inch monitor before the roll over. As a photographer, I would consider taking out many of the images of the car as many are the same or very similar. 5 to 10 great images would be better than thirty similar. I hope he does well in the IRL if given the chance.