SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Wanna-be Apple nut silver trophy M. Johansson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey!
    I have long pondered on the idea on how to increase click-thrus on these kind of programs, and I figured that the best way to do it was to write an article on how to do it. That increases safety, trust and probably makes people more liable to click the link. So, I wrote an article on how to make money with Spedia.

But before I publish the link on my nav bar, I'd like everyones opinion on it. Is considering the reader too 'dumb'? Is there something that I've missed? Please check it out: http://www.smartsmartsmart.com/spedi...oneyspedia.htm

I'm going to replace the check with my own before I publish the article, and remove the scanner elaboration. I'm also going to have my proofreader girlie look at it.

/Mattias

[Edited by truelight on 10-27-2000 at 04:25 PM]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

i won't evaluate your content. but for the site....here goes.

i find the menu irritating, interesting but bothersome.

bg color sets the mood of the site. i recommend a more trusting color - maybe cream with a little texture.

Be very careful about putting a real sig on the web. or a real account number or a real address.

easy to navigate.

the meta tags do not reflect the content of the page they are on.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your opinion!

As for the colours of my site, I know that black and cool colours gives a 'down' message - but on the other hand, most sites use the happy happy warm colours, and by using an opposite to those, it just might make me stand out!
    Also, I'm a great fan of breaking rules. Many people like black colors.

It's possible that people find the menu irritating.. I can easily stop it from sliding up and down. Would that help?

I'm going to fix the META tags to be correct some day, but **** keywords are lots of work.

I know that one should be careful about posting real things on the net, but I think I'll take the risk, since it makes me look more trustworthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must agree that the menu bar is messy. On my computer the menu bar did not scroll and stayed in one place: At the top of the page where much of the banner was covering it up.

The article is good. But I do not think the black backround color makes you look trustworthy.
    -Nick

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops - the menu should be fixed now. I updated my templates today, and then the menu positioning resets itself. I must remember - check, always check!

Thanks

/Mattias