SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Illustrator + PS + Logo Questions.

Hello Everyone,

I am quite interested in some of the logos at Liquid2d.com. Click Here
    I was wondering how they were made? And what program was used to make them?

That was question 1 .

#2.
    I always see the work at PixelRanger.com . The wireframe effect with the forest and canyons (Practically live at that site). Anyways, I was wondering what program that might have been done with? And if I can get any tutorials on howto do it . (Not talking howto do the Sphere Wireframe, I want to do the wireframe to actual pictures).

#3.
    This site is great Click Here
    I wanted to know howto get those nice curves and lines. I think it has something to do with the way the color is contrasted, but Id still like to see what everyone else has to say, and show.

Thats it for now,
    Hopefully some of you can answer some of questions .
    And if the Flash question should be in Flash And Actionscript Forum I'll repost it there.

Thanks!
    Shetly,

Formerly known as RockNRollPig Shpigford's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oooookay....here is my stab at it:

#1 - my guess is that it was made in illustrator...infact they wouldn't be that difficult to do in dreamweaver

#2 - not sure what you're talking about...i went to the site and didn't really see what you described...although im sure you know the site itself was made with flash...

#3 - you're correct in that a lot has to do with the colors and what not....bevels and shadows did most of that...

okay...well i hope that helps some...if you need more help just ask....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockNRollPig
    oooookay....here is my stab at it:
    #1 - my guess is that it was made in illustrator...infact they wouldn't be that difficult to do in dreamweaver
    I agree with the first part of your answer, but the second part has me a bit lost ("they wouldn't be difficult to do in dreamweaver")?!?!

I reckon such logos are constructed in Illustrator they imported into Photoshop for further enhancement.

2. Great looking site...unfortunately not sure what you were referring to either

3. Once again, I think such layouts usually start their life in Illustrator, with the graphics imported into Photoshop for the extra effects and enhancements.

Just a tip - most of the sites you have posted look great but must remember the ppl who made them would be fairly advanced in terms of their graphic/web design skills. If you're jus starting out, try to aim for something simpler and try to build on each design, so you increase your own skills/knowledge a step at a time. Just my throughts anyway

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vargz
    3. Once again, I think such layouts usually start their life in Illustrator, with the graphics imported into Photoshop for the extra effects and enhancements.
    Can you give me an example of how sites start their life in Illustrator?

I have a very vague idea of what you mean, but maybe if I saw what you ment it would be easier for me to grasp it.

Do you mean the whole layout is laid out in Illustrator? (Example?)

Thanks For The Help!
    Shetly,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wireframes..

I didn't see the wireframe you mentioned but I think I know what you're talking about. I'm sure there are expensive programs that do this for you, but I've done it in art classes with a paper and pencil, and would recommend that you try that method for learning and study experience if nothing else. Its really interesting. I "wire framed" a searhorse then drew patterns in each of the blocks. I wish I had the picture still.. it was awesome.. but my teacher kept it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Quote: RockNRollPig oooookay....here is my stab at it:

I agree with the first part of your answer, but the second part has me a bit lost ("they wouldn't be difficult to do in dreamweaver" )?!?!
    DOH.....im a big dummy...i mean "illustrator" not dreamweaver...silly me...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone already answered your questions except for the second one, which I imagine you are talking about the "wire frame" effect on the leaves and butterfly before it transitions to the image? In that case it looks like the just copied the image into illustrator and created the lines over the image, or used something like Vector3D plugin for photoshop.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Everyone, I got all of my questions answered, and looking into a 3D Program.

I have one more really basic and wide question:

What tool are those logos at Liquid2D made with? And how are they made? (Just 1 tool all the time, or a series).

Thanks!
    Shetly,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no no...he saying the graphics start their life in illustrator...although i disagree that site #3's graphics started out in illustrator but thats just my opinion....but a lot of graphics in general start their life in illustrator b/c it's a very good vector graphics program...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok think of it as drawing something on paper. You start of sketching a rough image on paper, which you erase, adjust and re-draw until you are happy with it. They you might apply some colours and textures to complete the drawing.

The idea of using illustrator and photoshop is much the same. Some designers use illustrator to draw their initial designs. Here they can easily "play" with it, given its in a vector form. The design will basically be an outline (like a final sketch). Photoshop is used to breathe life into the sketch, by adding colours, bevels, textures, shadows etc.

Hope that helps clear things up.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks That Helped Out A Lot!

Thanks,
    Shetly,