SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh, Bangladesh
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Marketing seems tough

    I have been recruited in a gaming company where I have to work as an online marketing executive. Beside doing SEO how could I promote my game? By the way, they are going to launch a game on iPhone platform. Please professionals of this site help me. I would appreciate if you suggest me details about this. thank you in advance.

  2. #2
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,685
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ochena.pakhi View Post
    I have been recruited in a gaming company where I have to work as an online marketing executive. Beside doing SEO how could I promote my game? By the way, they are going to launch a game on iPhone platform. Please professionals of this site help me. I would appreciate if you suggest me details about this. thank you in advance.
    You've been recruited to a company to be an online marketing executive but don't know anything beyond SEO to market? Sounds like you need to be honest with the company first, reset your expectations second and start learning more about the field third so that one day you can work at this type & level of a role.

    Marketing isn't rocket science but calling yourself an executive in it does require more than reading a list of tactics.
    - Ted S

  3. #3
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from SEO you can promote it through social networking site like face-book, twitter, linked-in etc. This will make the game to reach huge audience.

  4. #4
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh, Bangladesh
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted S View Post
    You've been recruited to a company to be an online marketing executive but don't know anything beyond SEO to market? Sounds like you need to be honest with the company first, reset your expectations second and start learning more about the field third so that one day you can work at this type & level of a role.

    Marketing isn't rocket science but calling yourself an executive in it does require more than reading a list of tactics.
    I don't want to lose my job. If you can give me some suggestions it would be a great help for me. Thanks.

  5. #5
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Dhaka, Bangladesh, Bangladesh
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please tell me more elaborately. How Linked in or twitter can help? I have idea about facebook marketing. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by uniecommerce View Post
    Apart from SEO you can promote it through social networking site like face-book, twitter, linked-in etc. This will make the game to reach huge audience.

  6. #6
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,685
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ochena.pakhi View Post
    I don't want to lose my job. If you can give me some suggestions it would be a great help for me. Thanks.
    Your job is to know marketing which you appear not too. A forum is not going to solve that for you; there is no 60 second answer or a couple posts that will wrap things all up. I'd suggest honesty as it's better to run into a problem than hope it doesn't get noticed but if you're going to pretend you better start reading, following, doing to learn as much as you can before someone starts asking questions.

    When you have specific topics you want to dive into that people, come back here and post so people bring their insights and experience.
    - Ted S

  7. #7
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,685
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ochena.pakhi View Post
    Please tell me more elaborately. How Linked in or twitter can help? I have idea about facebook marketing. thanks.
    You can reach your customers and prospects to interact with them, learn from them, and share your story with them: advocacy, support, growth.
    - Ted S

  8. #8
    Community Advisor ULTiMATE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bristol, United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,158
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uniecommerce View Post
    Apart from SEO you can promote it through social networking site like face-book, twitter, linked-in etc. This will make the game to reach huge audience.
    Say that to your bosses and you'll probably be fired.

    As Ted S has correctly pointed out, you've been hired as an Online Marketing Executive. SEO means jack **** to Marketing departments, so if I were you I'd get myself down to a book shop or library and start studying hard in order to understand what my job entails.

  9. #9
    SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy
    Mikl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    1,449
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got to understand that marketing has got nothing to do with SEO, or Facebook, or Twitter.

    Marketing is to do with understanding your product, knowing what part of the market it will appeal to, and being able to communicate the benefits of the product to that market. Until you get that right, all the Facebook pages and SEO techniques in the world are not going to help.

    I have to agree with the advice given by Ultimate and Ted S. You've been hired as a marketing executive, but you admit that you don't know how to go about marketing. I'd suggest you start by having an honest discussion with your employers about your abilities, and how you can best use them to meet the company's goals.

    Mike


  10. #10
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ochena.pakhi View Post
    Please tell me more elaborately. How Linked in or twitter can help? I have idea about facebook marketing. thanks.
    First create group in linkedin and ask members to join in it. Promote the games by posting and start discusssing about in group. While in twitter, increase your followers and start sharing the information about it.

  11. #11
    Community Advisor silver trophy

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,521
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by uniecommerce View Post
    First create group in linkedin and ask members to join in it. Promote the games by posting and start discusssing about in group. While in twitter, increase your followers and start sharing the information about it.
    Linkedin is hardly a suitable channel for either consumers or gaming.

  12. #12
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, Online Marketing is not tough, but it takes a long time for getting better results. This is a great source to boost up your online business. I hope you are satisfied with my reply.

  13. #13
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Los Vegas
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ochena.pakhi View Post
    Please tell me more elaborately. How Linked in or twitter can help? I have idea about facebook marketing. thanks.
    These all are highly recommended social media which helps to promote our business,Linked In is basically dealing only niche wise users and orgnization to promote our business.Twitter and facebook are basically for attracting clients either its niche wise or not.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •