SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question who knows about timing scripts

hey guys,

i need some scripts.

if a one is in secure part and doesn't move (interact) his/her mouse within for instance 2 minutes then he/she would be redirected to the insecure part (which is login page).

anyone who have an experience with things like this please respond some codes or sources.

thanx in advance and much appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vlachen
    hey guys,

i need some scripts.

if a one is in secure part and doesn't move (interact) his/her mouse within for instance 2 minutes then he/she would be redirected to the insecure part (which is login page).

anyone who have an experience with things like this please respond some codes or sources.

thanx in advance and much appreciated.
    This is probably possible using the setTimeout() function, but I must ask, why would you do this? Relying on javascript to boot someone off your site when their session times out is not a good idea, since anyone can disable scripting and stay on your site as long as they want. I suggest changing your server settings to make a session last a shorter amount of time, then using server-side scripting to redirect the user out after their session gets dropped.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey vgarcia,

first of all thanks for your reply ... but u see the point of the thing i am doing is to show how this might work using just client side scripting to make sure it would work afterwards within server side. sure it would but i need to show that visually now, i don't really care if someone disbables scripting and so forth.