User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like a review of my newest site http://www.mserve.net

Here are a few things I would like to point out first:

1)I have not customized the news letter sign up page. I will do so very soon.

2)Yes, the free e-zine sign-up is for a limited time only. That's a FACT.

3)Right now, it is mainly articles and reviews, I will be adding MY product line in the near future. The products will be totally unique and do not exist anywhere, but will make marketing soooo much easier.

With those things in mind, fire away!

~Heavy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

win 98/2 sony 17se verge s3 1028x768

i will be concentrating on the design factors of the site rather than the content of the articles and review.

first impression cool, clean.

header needs a transparent bg. the white is blocking out some of the other bg.

the links at the left side of the page are not active.

your use of color is sparing but focused on the item being showcased. very effective.

i do not see much room for growth. additional products will probably come later, but there is no room without bigtime changes. and your customers may "brand" to the design and be a bit lost when changes are implemented.

really nice page

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design is fairly clean, but the grammar could use improvement... lol.

"Between my associates and I..."

"I" is the object of the preposition "between" and should, therefore, be "me."

Minor point; but it's usually good to sound literate... lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mac G3, Internet Explorer 5.

It looks nice and clean. Good use of grey (I love grey)

I would suggest that you try using font face="Georgia" for your header such as "Free Marketing Courses", "The Blueprint" etc.

I would also suggest that you use text for your copyright line. There is no reason to have that as an image. If you are worried about updating it, then use some sort of include.

The popup page that opens when clicking on the "Free Marketing Courses" link (http://www.mserve.net/coursespopup.htm) has margins turned to 0. That makes the text on that page push up against the edge of the window where it becomes hard to read.

On the getrichquicker.htm page the image (promotionbutton.gif) is set to 23 wide. On the rest of the site it is 24 wide. When clicking through to that page it makes the graphic "jump". The same thing is true for (20rulesdesign.htm, increasebranding.htm and probably all of the other pages that are linked from design.htm)

On (stalesites.htm), the entire page moves down about 1/8th of an inch.

I would recommend making the header clickable, directing the user back to the "home" page.

That's all that I could find...mostly minor stuff...good job

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to make the backgruond of your logo grey if you are going to use grey as your background. Same with the copyright at the bottom. Also it might be nice if your navigation could be moused over. Maybe have a color fill in the little circle by each of the options. Nice site.
    Logan Thompson
    Aisle 55 Novelty Gifts
    www.Aisle55.com

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks clean
    My suggestions

1- Some how include the top logo into your main page.
    2- get rid of pop up. It is the most annoying thing on earth. I panic when I see them
    3- I think it looks better if you use a different background for left column.

Ps. Your extrem stats is not hidden
    Looking for webhosting?
    Complete review of hosting services, including dedicated and Cobalt Raqs.
    http://www.webhostingvillage.com

Procrastinator Extraordinaire lucas's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice, i like the small color graphic. i think you could do better with the navigation bar at the top though and the logo up there. it seems like its just floating there. i like my logo/navigation bars to be anchored somewhere. get rid of the popup and put the info on the main page. overall really good, however, i read the first sentence of your sales pitch and i already think your site is one of those get rich quick scenes. i wouldn't touch your product/service with a pole.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice clean design and works well in most resolutions. Possibly add some more images to make it stand out a bit better adding more colour to the pages.

Maybe also add some mouseovers for the navigation to highlight that its activated could be a nice touch.