SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

chown linux:users\ /world Hartmann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a single page layout of what the updated high school website will look like.

http://www.fortbend.k12.tx.us/dhs/test2.html

original and current design

http://www.fortbend.k12.tx.us/dhs

Thanks,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi

initial impression. nice clean look. the school song and the fight song are a good include.

the top graphic did not come through. (the one above Welcome to DHS)

the song links are not up.

these would be my suggestions:

after the top graphic. the blue buttons act as a barrier between the hyperlinks and the central graphic. try a few of the buttons on the other side of the hyperlinks and see if the barrier look is gone.

also center the Welcome .... above the graphic.

also by moving the blue buttons there will be more inclusion of the fort bend isd shield.

you have done a really nice job. congrats to you and the staff.

chown linux:users\ /world Hartmann's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Our NT server has been acting up for the last few days..... The graphic worked yesterday I have tried to interest them in one of my Cobalt RaQs but to no avail
    Thanks for the suggestions. How fast did it load?

Oh BTW, I am at the very bottom left of webmastering class page, that is if you are interested

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi folks

take a look. he needs more reviews.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your new design shows noticeable improvement over you current design. The main graphic up top is still missing. I love how you organized the main sections of the site with the subtitles on the left. It's simplae and straight forward. The "Welcome to DHS" and "Contact Us" images add a nice, consistant opening and closure to the page.

One comment I have is about the main picture of your school. Them image is very clear and was obviously taken with a good digital camera. I think it would fit better with the design if you did something around the border. If you could just slightly give it a fading effect around I think it would blend a little better. It doesn't have to be a thick fading section, just a very slim line where the image fades into the white background.

I just have one more little comment. It is just a little thing, and even if you don't implement it youll still have a stunning site. You might want to try having the background behind the subtitles a different color than white. Something like a navigation bar.

Overall, I think that your opening page looks wonderful. I wish my high school (Wethersfield High School, Wethersfield, CT) had a webmastering class or club :-)

-Mishi

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I concur with those who have already posted - excellent site overall. A couple suggestions to help the front page, that haven't been mentioned already:

1. Offer the songs in mp3 and/or .rm instead of .wav files. It'll give your visitors much less of a wait when they click.

2. Keep the Verdana font throughout the address listing, not just for the first line.
    2a. On a coding note, you have the <font> and <i> tags for the first line of the address section nested improperly. The <i> should be closed first. Better yet, don't close the <font> tag until after the entire address. Also, instead of using all the * to space the address, split that table cell into two to get the proper alignment.

Hope that helps,
    m.