SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What software or freeware do you use to analyze the keyword frequencies of the top words on a URL? Any suggestions?
    Search Engine Consultant - Do not risk your business using basic search engine ranking software.
    Read this article Use AgentWebRanking Professional edition. www.agentwebranking.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Wordtracker.com. You can do a free trial to look up keywords and a niche to try for on Altavista. Then if you sign up, you can look up keyword search frequencies and #s of competitive sites on all the major search engines. It's only $40 for one month. I think it's a GREAT value to help you find the right keywords and the niche to try for. Even just the free trial is awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with that Word Tracker recommendation.

I use to always suggest the GoTo.com service as a place to pick out good keywords, but when they recently changed that to a members only service I decided to see what else was out there. I quickly found Word Tracker and liked it so much that I became an affilliate.

Here's the link for them.
    http://www.wordtracker.com/

Good Keywords is also kinda neat. It's a small program you can download for free.

The URL for that is:
    http://www.goodkeywords.com/

Editor, J.K. Bowman
    Spider-Food.net

Kat's Meow Senior ******* WebKat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FYI ~ Here is the link for GoTo Keyword Suggestions, thought you would like to know this is still available for all to use, at least for now...

http://inventory.go2.com/inventory/S...ggestion.jhtml

Dlynn :: SitePoint Senior Advisor ::
    PawPrint Designs by WebKat
    "Dogs come when they're called; Cats take a message and get back to you later." ~ Mary Bly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey WebKat,

Do you happen to know if that link is accessible for folks who just happen to surf into GoTo.com?

Maybe I was hypnotized or perhaps it's just too much caffine LOL, but I could swear that GoTo.com switched that to a member only service recently.
    Editor, J.K. Bowman
    Spider-Food.net

Kat's Meow Senior ******* WebKat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~Nope~ just bookmarked the link awhile back when someone recommended it (here actually) and have made sure that I kept it. Thought I lost it once and went to the GoTo website but couldn't find it anywhere & it had been there as a link before it changed to members only. If it's there I couldn't find it!

When I reorganized my favorites, low & behold, I found it...It's a keeper link for me
    Dlynn :: SitePoint Senior Advisor ::
    PawPrint Designs by WebKat
    "Dogs come when they're called; Cats take a message and get back to you later." ~ Mary Bly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coolness. 8)
    Editor, J.K. Bowman
    Spider-Food.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, check out Keyword Live from AnalogX.com
    Actual link is: http://www.analogx.com/contents/down...rk/keyword.htm

The program shows you the top 100 keywords being searched for on many of the major search engines..

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but it may be worth a look anyway!.. Oh it is freeware as well.. Just like all the other software at analogx.com. Great concept!

Hope it helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to try to address the original post:

The most accurate Keyword Density Analyzer I've found for free is at http://www.babblebot.com - you give it a URL and it does a good job.

If you don't mind spending a few bucks, WebPosition Gold will analyze pages for you.

Dan0