SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was backing up files and moving them around between drives when all of a sudden I kept getting this "Short cut can't point to another Shortcut" type error. come to find out I'd deleted all of my Tool MP3's (About 300MB of non-album stuff) Boy was I pissed since I don't use the recycle bin. so here I am thinking I have to download them all again (and the site where I got them was down), When my neighbor pops out a technicians version of PowerQuest lost and found, and a little over 3 hours later I had all but 3 of my MP3's back (they couldn't be recovered for some reason). the Moral of the story is, double check your backups before deleting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About every 1-2 years I get a new notebook at work and have to transfer everything over. I get real paranoid about backups. I've started using a CD/RW drive. I like those better than tape for some reason.
    Jim Lewis
    To BE or Not to BE, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Barium Enema
    FrappyDoo Forums

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by jamesglewisf
    About every 1-2 years I get a new notebook at work and have to transfer everything over. I get real paranoid about backups. I've started using a CD/RW drive. I like those better than tape for some reason.
    I'm getting a CDRW soon, right now I use my E:\ Drive for Backups.

Idea Developer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have some weird feeling that cdrws are more safe to use than regular backups.
    Professional PHP programing / Hosting
    aim: downtoi3iz icq: 74637813

Freelance Web Designer KeithMcL's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried going into DOS and using the undelete option?

You might be lucky and get some MP3s bac but not all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by jamesglewisf
    Yea, I dont aggree.

I have ruined a CDRW, some how cause I got a file on there that was corrupt or soething happened. Anyways, reformatting the cdrw didn't even fix it. And I love love love my cdrw writer but I still get worried when i use it, cause of experices i have had...

i would like a tape drive for backups (one tape for the whole harddrive!) and my cdrw for cd copies.