SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone tried to delegate...

Has anyone tried to delegate the building of their community with any success?
    For example - you try to determine who benefits from MEETING PEOPLE who would enjoy your content, and get them to contribute.

One of the websites I run is dedicated to sign language interpreters - I would think that the agencies or the schools that employ or train them would love to providee content with a chance to give themselves free plugs. It hasn't happened yet though.

SEO Link Building Master I, Brian's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My own experience is a mixture of :

1/No one gives for free
    2/ Everyone else is apathetic anyway

So if you want contributors to your site, you need to develop personal connections first, or else get yourself known around a few same topic sites.

2 cents, anyhow.
    Internet Business Forums - free business help & advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People will help build your community, but only once it's already gotten itself going. Once you have a sizable community, folks may come to help others and plug their own sites in the process. However, nobody is going to bother unless they're sure that there will be a big enough audience to justify their time. You could suggest to such folks to come to your site and help, but I doubt they will do so unless they'd feel inclined already. You could try just send them a mailing to let them know the your site exists and the sort of traffic it gets, so hopefully they'll get the hint. That would probably work better than just saying, "Hey, do you want to come over to my site and help me build my community?" You don't want to sound desperate .